Upstate NY Babies

**jewels**

let me hear the full honest review..
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **jewels**

• this will probably be long. I researched the resort and booked 6 months in advance and then worried every single day about mold, no air conditioning, and food poisoning. 

The ride to and from the resort was horrible. Sophia screamed the entire 45 minutes.  She is not a good when she is hot. We didn't have anything for her to drink so it was really bad. I swear they didn't have air conditioning in the van

The resort is gorgeous.  The pool runs almost the entire length of the resort. We were able to get a cabana every day at the pool and the kids both napped in there.  The pool is only 3 ft deep so it was perfect for us.  the part we were at had a little ledge with lounge chairs so my girlfriends were on the chairs, I would be in the pool and the kids would be playing on the ledge or in the water with me. There are flamingos and peacocks walking around.

The rooms-we booked a jr suite.  It had a king size bed.  we got a roll away bed and a crib.  Sophia slept in bed with us 4 nights.  A lot of people complain about the lack of aircondtioning.  I thought the room was freezing and had a blanket on every night.  we had a jacuzzi tub on the balcony that we never used.  we had maid service twice a day and never had an issue.

the food. I loved the food.  There is a buffet restaurant open for every meal and 5 ala carte restaurants.  The chinese food was probably the best chinese I have ever had. I could have eaten there multiple times.  The mexican was ok but that was our worst meal b/c the kids had a meltdown and norm left with them an then my girlfriends came drunk as could be.  They went out of their way for my birthday and dh was able to order a cake for me.  all of the restaurants are open air so dh was sweating especially at breakfast.   The chinese/hibachi is air conditioned .  They had a cook with a grill at the pool and we would get hamburgers or hot dogs for lunch or just run to the world cafe and bring a plate back to the pool.  There wasn't food service at the pool.

There is an explorer's club for kids over 3. if the activity is not in the actual club then the kids can participate with their parents.  Sophia rode a mini horse.  At the end of the pool right by the beach there is an infant club.  It had a wading pool with sprinkelrs, a little tykes jungle gym, lounge chairs for the parents.  then there was a building with rubber flooring, a crib, a bathroom and tv. I walked in the building and immediatley walked out.  the smell of mildew almost killed me.  ethan and sophia loved it there and there were 4 little kids they played with from Canada

the beach has a lot of seaweed and I actually never went in the ocean.  while we were there the 2nd 1/2 of the pool was closed for repair and a lot of people complained.  It didn't bother us at all b/c the 1st 1/2 is so big.  There is an entertainment staff that is awesome.  they are the hardest working people.  they start their day at 9 am and don't finish until midnight.  the activities are a lot of fun.  we particpated in everything.  my girlfriends did an iron woman competition where they had to do a sexy dance and chug beer through a straw.  one of them played donkey polo. every night there are shows.  there was a circque de soleil type of show that was awesome. there is always something to do.  they bring in vendors twice a week so you can shop.

if you are going for a relaxing family vacation then i would highly recommend going there.  we never left the resort and i was fine with that.  we absolutely loved it and the people made us feel so welcome.  we want to go back very badly.  there is 1 night club.  b/c it is the caribean there is sometimes a musty smell.  there are a lot of bad reviews and good reviews on trip advisor.  we chose this place b/c my bff was there before and she came back with us.  if/when she gets married she is going back to this resort.

if you want to see pictures i can send you the link to my google album b/c you aren't on FB anymore right? if you have any other questions just let me know

• i forgot to tell you about the things i really worreid about.  no one in our group got sick.  my one bff even brushed her teeth with the water and was fine.  you should use bottled water for everything.  i was scared of all of us getting some sort of stomach bug.  no one did.  Everyone had a meal where they had to use the bathroom pretty quickly but no one had e coli or salmonella like trip advisor states.  at each restaurant they have a kids menu and my kids ate pretty well.  there is a child size buffet in the world cafe.  ethan loved it b/c there was a step stool tha he could move around to look at the food
  • Loading the player...
  • Great review! I just looked into a 4 night stay and is pretty reasonable! I really have no desire to spend so much time getting there though....I need a vaca place that I can get to fast! lol

We have been to Jamaica twice and love it, but I just can't fathom the Kingston airport with a small child....it was horrible enough as an adult!

• I wouldn't go for only 4 days.  We left our house at4 am and didn't check in until 4.  I think we were at the pool by 4:30.  We think 9 days would be the perfect length of time.  Our last day was also a waste b/c we had to checkout by noon.  My friends were able to go to the pool in the morning but I didn't want to fight Ethan.  He never wanted to get out of the water.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"