2nd Trimester

XP: Received call from Doc today

-->

He was calling to tell me, my proteins in my blood sample were high and that it is effecting the placenta. I forgot what he called it, as I am horrible with medical terms. He said it could increase the change for an early delivery and a smaller than average baby. Starting at 24 weeks, I will be seeing him every two weeks until delivery. He said is wasn't super serious, but of course I can't stop thinking about it.

Anyone ever had experience with something like this?

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: XP: Received call from Doc today

• imageMissMusic:
    I don't have any experience with this, but I wanted to wish you well and send you a CONGRATS on your little boy.  Did he say if an adjustment to your diet or lifestyle would help, or is it just one of those things you have to deal with?  If he's not worried, thats a good thing!

Thank you! He did not say there was anything I could do. They just have to keep a closer look on things after the 24 week mark.

Hope you are doing good! <3

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

• imagemichyme123:

Hey Ash no advice but it is good that your Dr. caught it at least and he seems to have a great plan in place for you and your lil guy just incase. When is your next appt? Hopefully you can sit down with him and ask him all about it so you can feel more at ease.

Also hiiiiii MM! Ugh I totally know that feeling fat part. I think it was the worst part of the pregnancy! Soon enough it will be just a big bump and no longer in that in between phase (I seriously pictured people thinking "wow, she is letting herself go")

Yeah that is what I figured. I actually am going on Thurs, so hopefully I will find out more then.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

• Loading the player...
  • Did he mention pre-eclampsia or anything related to blood pressure? You're too early to have an official pre-eclampsia diagnosis (it's only after 20 weeks), but they will be watching to make sure you don't get it. (In addition to protein in urine, high blood pressure is the other symptom.) It's good that you'll be monitored more closely just to be on the safe side.
    Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was going to say the same thing: pre-e. I had with my DS, but did not develop it until 35 weeks, with 3 weeks of bed rest, and an earlier delivery. My best friend had it too, but she was put on bed rest at 28 weeks and delivered at 34. My non-clinical suggestions would be to take it easier than normal, try to eat a lower-sodium diet, and follow his instructions as much as possible down the road. It is likely just keeping his attention now, and not serious, so try to relax~*
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hmm...are you sure he didn't say proteins in your urine sample?
    DD(7), DS(4.5), DS(2.5), DS(baby)
  • I had this with DS. My AFP - alpha fetoprotein - levels were high and the doctor said the same thing.  I am pretty sure that the elevated levels, in my case, were due to a tiny placental tear in my first trimester that had healed.  I was also told that I may have an early delivery because if it.  DS was born 26 minutes shy of 37 weeks and was perfectly healthy.  GL!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm so sorry you're worried Ash - I'm glad the doc isn't concerned, but I totally understand being a little on edge about this. I don't have any experience here, but wanted to send you my very best wishes!
    Siggy Note: Drunk Ron Swanson is on a break while Amy Poehler takes over for a while, summing up my thoughts on all this birth control, prenatal testing, women's issues stuff in the news.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    dx: LPD & low progesterone 11/2011
    BFP #1 August 23
  • My coworker just had her 37 week appt and her protein levels were high as well. The dr sent to her directly to the hospital for delivery. She delivered a very healthy, 5.5 lb little girl. Best of luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"