April 2012 Moms
Options

Alternative to the 3hr GTT!

I barely failed my 1 hr with a 134 and my OB wants me to do the 3hr. I had a difficult time with the 1 hr and asked her if there was any other way to test for gestational diabetes. She said I could drink coke! They will give me an amount that is equivilent to the sugar in the 1 hr glucose drink or I can take my blood sugar 4x a day for a week. I chose to do the coke since I love coke! Thank goodness she's letting me choose this alternative. I have a really difficult time with the nasty glucola stuff and my gag reflex is horrible these days.
image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Alternative to the 3hr GTT!

• Options
    WTMF???? I wish I could have had Coke!
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Options
    That's weird! ...but NICE! I had to drink twice as much glucola. barf.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had to drink 2 bottles of the orange glucola crap for the 3 hour test. The lab had to call the OB to see if they wanted me to drink 1or 2.  She said some OB's prefer one or the other. Testing for this seems so inconsistent to me. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I skipped the traditional glucouse test.  My midwife recommended  I fast for 8 hrs. take my own blood sugar with the kit she gave me.  Eat a high carb/sugary breakfast with some protein (I had a huge glass of orange juice, chocolate chip pancakes and an egg). Then take my blood sugar again two hours later.  My MW said this was a much more accurate way of testing how your body processes sugar.  Just an FYI for those who have not done their test yet. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have heard of people being able to eat jellybeans.
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Options
    I barely failed the one hour, so they took more blood from the inside of my elbow instead of the 3 hr and I passed with flying colors!
    BabyName TickerimageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"