March 2012 Moms

nursing pillow, if i were to do it over

I have a Boppy, and it's ok, but if I were doing it again I'd buy a my breast friend. They had them at the hospital for our baby and me classes and they were sooooo much better. 

Saw someone mention it in a post below and thought I'd just give my 2 cents! I have the boppy, so won't buy a new one, but really wish I had the my breast friend instead! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: nursing pillow, if i were to do it over

• Thanks for the tip! I'm going to look into buying one :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love mine!! I used it with ds and will use it again this time :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageColleenSwerb:
    It seems to really be personal preference between these two. 

i agree with this. I have both and hated the brest friend pillow.  I'm petite and DS was a peanut, so it just didn't work for us. But I loved the boppy.  

I think it's very much what fits your body and baby best.  

• I've heard this from someone before.  A friend of mine gave me her boppy, so we were thinking of getting the my breast friend anyway, since we're only paying for one of them.  I was told by a couple people that they found the boppy to be helpful for propping the infant up when they're learning to sit, but not as helpful for breastfeeding.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I found the boopy completely useless. I probably wouldn't have been able to BF without the breast friend. The first few months that thing was invaluable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• imageMelbaCat:

imageColleenSwerb:
    It seems to really be personal preference between these two. 

i agree with this. I have both and hated the brest friend pillow.  I'm petite and DS was a peanut, so it just didn't work for us. But I loved the boppy.  

I think it's very much what fits your body and baby best.  

I can totally understand this! I am pretty tall (5'9") and have a long torso. DD fit on there just fine, but when I was sitting and the thing was at my wait it was totally useless. I ended up just using pillows, which also work fine by the way. I can see shorter girls loving the boppy and my breast friend being way too big. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I borrowed a MBF and bought a Boppy so I've tried both. I found the MBF better when the baby was really tiny because it was firmer and didn't form a valley between my body and the top of the pillow. The Boppy was better after DS was a few months old.
    DS 04.25.08 DS 03.14.12 missed m/c 9w1d :: 6.18.10 :: d&c | missed m/c 9w3d :: 11.2.10 :: d&c
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"