January 2012 Moms
Options

Returning after a long Bump Break

I haven't been on the Bump in several months (Thanks, work & grad school..) Since Jack is here I thought I'd return to see how everyone and their babes are doing. Here's my very abbreviated birth story/update.

My son was born a month before his due date on New Years Eve at 35 weeks 4 days, much to our surprise! My water broke at home on Friday, 12/30 around 8:30pm and Jack was born after 2 hours of pushing on 12/31 at 1:11pm. He weighed 5lbs 0oz and was 17.5 inches long with lots of brown hair.  

We spent 12 days in the hospital, him to treat his jaundice under the lights, me because I refused to leave him and camped out in a room that was formally used for on-call doctors.  

He's a month old today and around 7lbs. He's very content and feeds on a fantastic schedule (every 4 hours).  Our dog Max is great around Jack and offers him his toys when he cries.

Jack is calm as a clam during shots and getting blood drawn but screams like crazy when we lotion him, even after we warm it in our hands first. He's a bit overly dramatic like me that way :)

I look forward to seeing how everyone else is doing and good luck to those of you who are still waiting on baby!  

Re: Returning after a long Bump Break

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"