September 2012 Moms
Options

Goals before baby comes...

So my 3 year old is still not potty trained and still sleeps with me. Yeah I know I should not have started his sleeping with me but I love it. He's gotta get out tho. I bought him a lightening mcqueen bed but he screams when i put him in there. Any ideas? Go ahead and hate, I know i did it to myself. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Goals before baby comes...

• Options
    imageChancieMark:

Bribes. I am not above bribes.

DS gets a half a cup of chocolate rice milk on the days he sleeps in his own bed. Right now he usually gets out of his own bed around 4am and crawls in with us.

This for us too.  Sometimes I don't even know what time he came up to our room.  I usually clear a path for him though just so he doesn't trip over anything.  He loves his bed, but knows he can get out anytime he wants.  Grrr.

As for potty training, DS tries, but he hasn't actually connected having to pee to going to the bathroom, if that makes sense.  So he tries a few times a day, but just stands there and says "why it not come out mama?"  Breaks my heart.  He'll get it though.  Eventually. 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    I would like to have DS potty trained. He won't be able to move up to the 3 yr old class at school until he is. He is showing signs he's ready...I guess I need to pull out that book I bought and actually read it.
    BFP 1/19/12 No heartbeat at 7w4d 3rd dose Cytotec 3/1/12
    *PGAL/PAL Welcome*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

My Ovulation Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Get DD STTN. Kick DD out of my bed. Teach her how to soothe/go to sleep with something other than having a boob in her mouth. 

I'd like all three of those, but would be happy with just one. 

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options

your gonna have to do a reward system, probably for PT and for the bed thing

I just PT my 2 year old, honestly, SO much easier at this age and they don't understand bribery! (my step daughter was 3.5 before she was potty trained, that was a nightmare)

try going cold turkey (one thing at a time though)

tell DS in 2 weeks your going to have to start sleeping in your big boy bed. tell him every day for the full 2 weeks, work him up to it, tell him if he does it he gets a reward etc...

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hear you on the potty training.  DD is slightly interested, but never sits on the potty long enough to actually do anything.  She just started school a few weeks ago, so I was hoping the peer pressure would have an effect on her, but so far nothing.  Guess I'm really going to have to push it since she needs to be potty trained before she can move to the next class at school this fall.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    m/c 7/10
    bfp 12/30/11 beta #1 309 beta #2 720
  • Options
    I don't have any experience with the sleeping part, but my friend got mini m&m's, and evry time her daughter went in the potty she would get one. It was a real treat for her because she doesn't eat any kind of candy, and she ended up being potty trained in less than a year, and she just turned two. 
  • Options
    My girlfriend gave her daughter a star each night she stayed in her bed the whole night.  When she reached 10 stars she got to pick out a new toy.  Each day she tried to crawl into bed with them, a star was taken away.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DD needs to go back to sleeping the whole night in her bed. Some nights I am so burned out (especially with last weeks death in the family) I don't even notice her in our bed until morning.

Also thank you for all the other mom's being so honest ... most people I know give me the "judgy eye" over our Madi sleep issues right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"