January 2012 Moms

consistant contractions that stop?

I'm 40w 4d, and lost my MP on friday. since saturday night I have been having contractions on and off. Last night I had consistant contractions that were between 4 and 6 mins apart, and lasted between 45 sec and 1min 15sec. That went on for over two hours. I was waiting for them to get more painful and closer together and then they just stopped! Has anyone else experienced this? super frusterating...
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: consistant contractions that stop?

• I had contractions that came and went for several days before I went into labor.  There were times they were regular, then they would just stop.  Mine were mostly BH and didn't get painful until after my water broke.  An hour after my water broke we were at the hospital and I was dilated to 8cm already!  Hopefully your contractions are doing their job and you go into labor soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • I feel your pain.  I've been having regular contractions since Jan 23, but they aren't painful and aren't very productive (which is frustrating).  In fact, I got a NST done yesterday, and they were anywhere from 1-4 minutes apart, but like I said they weren't painful until they registered up in the 80s on the monitor, and even then it was mild.  But since I was only 40% effaced and 1-2 centimeters dilated they sent me home. I've been praying to go into real labor for over a week now.  So if yours are anything like mine, you really haven't stopped contracting, they just stopped hurting, but the good news is your uterus is getting the practice.  My doctor and the L&D nurses are calling it "early labor."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Have no fear, I did this the morning of the 19th and gave birth that evening.  It was so bad that I had already called my mother and told her contractions were between 5 and 6 minutes apart.  She was on her way when I called to tell her they stopped.  She came anyways and I spent some time walking, showering, etc.  We went to our doctor's appointment that morning and I was rushed to labor and delivery since those contractions had apparently broken my water and had me dilated to 5cm.  I hope they come back soon for you.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"