September 2011 Moms

Anyone else get jealous ?

My sis in law just told us she is pregnant and due in September.  I am very happy for her, this will be her 2nd child too.  But whenever I find out someone else is pregnant I get a little bit jealous.  Do you ladies or am I just a lil weird? I hop to have a 3rd child eventually (like in 2 years) so it's not the end of being pregnant for me.  Just wanted to see if others felt the same!
Happily Married - Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else get jealous ?

• I was this way until DD came along.  I can't really comment now b/c I haven't had any new pregnancy news in or around me.  I can say I feel that way when I see a BF Mom now that we are done BF (complications). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Totally me.  And, I don't know if we are done having kids or not.  Growing up I always said I wanted four kids but then when I got pregnant with DD3 we said we were done.  We even talked about DH getting a vasectomy and I have talked to my doctor about our options (which one is better, me to have a tubal or DH to have the vasectomy).  But when DD3 came along, I can't help but think that our family is not complete.  DH thought the same way for a while, but with DD1 and DD2 getting involved in things, I think he's starting to feel more like we're done. 

So, yes, I get jealous of the women who are pregnant. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes! I have baby fever again. Now that I have a baby (and kinda know what I'm doing), I know having a baby doesn't cure it; it makes it stronger.
  • This is me also! My SIL and friend are both pregnant ... Whenever I see FB updates like the baby is kicking like crazy I get sooo jealous. It has kind of died down a bit recently, but I feel this way even when I see a stranger who is pregnant. I think I need help.
  • Sort of.  I do NOT want to get pregnant again anytime soon but I do miss the excitement of being pregnant and the anticipation for his arrival.
  • Yes, absolutely. I will be shocked if my baby fever/jealousy ever went away. I've had it sooo long!!

Elizabeth

• YES! I agree with pp, I miss the excitement of being pg and everything else that went along with it. We will be waiting to TTC until we buy a house (hopefully this summer!), though.
  • imageCotton:

Yes, absolutely. I will be shocked if my baby fever/jealousy ever went away. I've had it sooo long!!

Elizabeth

This does not give me hope, Elizabeth, knowing you have four beauties yourself.  I was hoping that if I were to have another child this feeling would go away.  I sometimes understand how the Duggar's have 19 Kids and Counting. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesolsburyhill:
    Sort of.  I do NOT want to get pregnant again anytime soon but I do miss the excitement of being pregnant and the anticipation for his arrival.

This is how I feel.  I do miss all the kicks and anticipation. 

8418442352_4e02174cbd_o
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."
    ~Dr. Suess
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yes I get jealous.. I miss being pregnant
    photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Yes. I am totally jealous of all the pregnant people!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Glad to hear others feel the same way :)
    Happily Married - Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel so jealous of my friends who are having baby girls.  We have 3 already and are pretty much done and I so wanted another daughter, though I love my baby boy and wouldn't trade him for a second.  When they tell me they're expecting, I secretly hope they'll have a boy like me...is that wrong? 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"