Pregnant after IF
Options

XP: Was that what that was?

So, while I'm in the hospital, they do a NST for 1 hour twice a day.  Basically, it is the machine that has 2 probes, one to measure the baby's heartrate and the other one to measure contractions. It prints out on paper that graphs it.  Since I'm at such a young gestational age, it's a little tricky getting her on the monitor and getting her to stay on it.  Basically, I can't really move once we get her on.  However, she moves at will, and sometimes she'll move to another part of my uterus and the nurses have to adjust the probe on my belly.

Well, we've been doing this for about a week and a half, and in all that time, there has not been a single contraction and the baby's tracing has looked great  Which is awesome!

Well, last night while I was on it, everything was going along like it always does, and at one point I felt like I had gas, but nothing really happened, so I just didn't think anything of it.  The nurse came in and asked "Did you feel the contraction?" And I said, "What? No, I didn't feel a contraction," and she showed me on the sheet how there was a contraction, lasted about 30 seconds, and the fact that I didn't even realize it was normal.  She said that they become concerned if I have 6 or more in an hour, but that it was no big deal.  

With every nurse shift, they always ask me if I've had any bleeding, leaking, or contractions, and I've always said no.  I've told them that I'm not sure what a contraction feels like, and they all describe it as a tightening or cramping feeling.  Now I know that for me, well, it might just feel like gas! Smile  Now I'm going to be worried that when I have gas it's actually a contraction!
TTC Since July 2008.
Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
FET 1 3/2013 BFN
FET 2 5/2013 BFN
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: XP: Was that what that was?

• Options
    Im glad you can identify it now. When I went into PTL with the twins, it felt like a had a stomach bug with terrible gas cramping. It literally felt like I was going to have diarrhea (sorry tmi) it was nothing like they were asking me about how it was feeling or telling me contraction should feel like.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow!! Glad you know what it feels like now!!!
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Glad you know what yours feel like. 

I learned mine feel like I have to pee. Hmm

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Options

When I was in l&d triage a month ago, the machine showed I was having them, but I really couldn't feel them. I could feel that all around my belly button was tightening though. But mine were very mild, I assume when its the real deal that I would know what they feel like :)

1st Iui+Clomid+Ovidrel 8-13-11 BFP
    Beta @ 16dpiui=289
    Beta @20dpiui=1309
    Beta @24dpiui=3969
    IT'S A GIRL..MADELYNN ELIZABETH
    Madelynn Elizabeth born 31w6d's due to pre e.
    Welcome to the world princess!
    3-9-12
    3.7lbs/ 17 inches
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"