Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

To my sports fans... A question/opinion

What's your opinion on having the Super Bowl played in London??? (or anywhere oversea's)

Re: To my sports fans... A question/opinion

• imageamy052006:

I actually think the Super Bowl should be played on the home field of the participating team with the best record.

If it snows, so be it. 

This. I don't get it. Other pro sports play their finals at the teams' venues. Why can't they do this for football? 

"To me, you are perfect."

• Loading the player...
  • imageamy052006:

I actually think the Super Bowl should be played on the home field of the participating team with the best record.

If it snows, so be it. 

Agreed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagechapski:

What's your opinion on having the Super Bowl played in London??? (or anywhere oversea's)

I hate that they play any football games in London.  I'd be SUPER pissed if they moved the Superbowl there. 

• imageamy052006:

If it snows, so be it. 

I agree with this.  Never mind having it in Domes or any of that crap. Do it wherever it needs to be and may the best team win.    And if it snows/rains it will just make it that much more interesting.  That being said.  GO PATRIOTS!!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageKJmashup:
    imageamy052006:

If it snows, so be it. 

This. I don't get it. Other pro sports play their finals at the teams' venues. Why can't they do this for football? 

I do not disagree... But what would they do if a team tied? ...Has any team ever tied?

Also, I'm not sure about other sports. But I feel like football is set up years in advance. Why is that?! Just because it's "so big" I know they have to have certain things set up. Like when it was here in detroit they had to add certain things to our hospitals to make them a certain "ER" standard/hotels were open/built. But I don't recall them ever doing anything of the sort for the stanley cup?....

• imageLoisLane23:
    imageamy052006:

If it snows, so be it. 

Eh, I disagree. With other sports, they play a series of games so both teams have home field advantage for a few games. I don't mind having the game at a neutral site like they do for college sports, but it shouldn't be anywhere that doesn't have a team in that city. 

ah.. good point didn't think of the series..

• imageamy052006:

If it snows, so be it. 

I agree with this 100%.

If they want to have a "host team" host something, they should move the Pro Bowl around instead of having it Hawaii every. fricken. year. where no one can afford to go.

The NHL has a different team host their All Star event each year (similar to what the NFL already does with the Super Bowl).

• It doesn't make sense to do this. The Brits don't care about "American football", and are very confused by the rules. It's nothing close to rugby, and definitely not a dominating sport over there. I think people might go ONCE, and only once, for the novelty, but it sure seems like they're deserting their true fan base: those who shell out the most money to pay their salaries.

Took my stepdad (from England) to a Cowboys game once and he was so confused. He is a huge rugby, cricket and soccer fan and he kept asking "why do they keep stopping?" (In rugby, there are only certain situations where the play actually stops, not between every.single.play like in football.) haha!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemegperk72:

It doesn't make sense to do this. The Brits don't care about "American football", and are very confused by the rules. It's nothing close to rugby, and definitely not a dominating sport over there. I think people might go ONCE, and only once, for the novelty, but it sure seems like they're deserting their true fan base: those who shell out the most money to pay their salaries.

Took my stepdad (from England) to a Cowboys game once and he was so confused. He is a huge rugby, cricket and soccer fan and he kept asking "why do they keep stopping?" (In rugby, there are only certain situations where the play actually stops, not between every.single.play like in football.) haha!

that's why they want to... They go over there to play one game a year, think they are upping it to two games, but they are hoping to widen their fan base: those who shell out the most money to pay their salaries.

(I don't think they should bring super bowl there. Unless in 10 years from now, it just blows up over there and it's just in demand... But they are trying to get rugby/soccer fans to turn to american football. And what better way then to bring our best of the best/championship game over there for them to play)

...I'd almost say let them do the All Star competion or something over there. A bunch of guys having fun/showing off talents. Maybe they'll catch someone's interest. Or they'll get the concept of the game more.. Taking the super bowl there just pisses people off here and you're right, people there just don't care if it's there

• imagechapski:
    imagemegperk72:

It doesn't make sense to do this. The Brits don't care about "American football", and are very confused by the rules. It's nothing close to rugby, and definitely not a dominating sport over there. I think people might go ONCE, and only once, for the novelty, but it sure seems like they're deserting their true fan base: those who shell out the most money to pay their salaries.

that's why they want to... They go over there to play one game a year, think they are upping it to two games, but they are hoping to widen their fan base: those who shell out the most money to pay their salaries.

(I don't think they should bring super bowl there. Unless in 10 years from now, it just blows up over there and it's just in demand... But they are trying to get rugby/soccer fans to turn to american football. And what better way then to bring our best of the best/championship game over there for them to play)

...I'd almost say let them do the All Star competion or something over there. A bunch of guys having fun/showing off talents. Maybe they'll catch someone's interest. Or they'll get the concept of the game more.. Taking the super bowl there just pisses people off here and you're right, people there just don't care if it's there

Well, they are crazy if they think people over there are going to turn from rugby and soccer to American football! Many of the teams over there have been in existence longer than the US has been a country. And the support for these teams is passed down generation to generation in families. They do have a European Football League, and look how well known that is? Europe does bring some of the larger name soccer teams to play here in some exhibition games before their season starts, so your idea about the All Star game or something similar would make more sense than the Super Bowl! And you're right, they're just going to piss people off!

Ok, now any more world problems we can solve right here, right now? Wink 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageamy052006:

If it snows, so be it. 

ITA.  London makes it more difficult for fans to enjoy the game in person, if they wanted to go.  Although (please don't flame me) I am from Boston, and don't think my Patriots deserve home field advantage.  They won on a missed field goal and played crappy.  They are lucky to even be in the Superbowl and *gulp* I think the Giants are the better team! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"