Military Families

UPDATE: Favors for a "Military Baby" themed shower?

First off, I didn't feel as though I was being trashed because I only asked for ideas for favors and did not mention dog tags in my original post. (And I think I only got one or two ideas). Truth is, there are members of the military who feel that using the dog tags any other way than what they were originally intended for is just wrong and there are members, like my DH, who is still in the military, who doesn't have a problem with it. One of you ladies stated that the reason I am having a military themed shower is in honor of my husband and in support of him and that is exactly why I've chosen that theme. To ease the minds of all of you who feel that dog tags are inappropriate, I will not be using them but only because I found something that I feel is perfect to give to my guests.

Re: UPDATE: Favors for a "Military Baby" themed shower?

• Those are funny and appropriate!
    I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
  • Too cute! 

MH's unit has a very unique patch.  We threw a shower for a girl in our FRG recently. Another wife made cookies in the shape of the patch and piped "It's a boy!" on it.  They were very cute. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • So far it's looking like ACU camo accents & red, white, and blue that will be used in the color scheme to go along with that little soldier.
  • I didnt read the previous post so maybe I am stepping into something here but...

Honestly, I wouldn't give your guests those.  They will never ever ever wear them and you will be wasting your money.  I'm sorry, but even as a military spouse, I wouldn't be caught dead in that necklace.

Why not just do something edible??  Like a candy buffet with red, white, and blue jellybeans, M&M, etc with american flag bags or something?  That way your guests get a tasty treat and you don't waste your money on something nobody will ever wear.  You could even do chocolate bars with personalized wrappers in a BDU print... 

Sorry if this offends you.  I just really really wouldn't spend money on those baby necklaces.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• imagesweetpea2003:

Why not just do something edible??  Like a candy buffet with red, white, and blue jellybeans, M&M, etc with american flag bags or something?  That way your guests get a tasty treat and you don't waste your money on something nobody will ever wear.  You could even do chocolate bars with personalized wrappers in a BDU print... 

Sorry if this offends you.  I just really really wouldn't spend money on those baby necklaces.

Yes
    love angel Pictures, Images and Photos Thorns and stings And those such things Just make stronger Our angel wings. ~Terri Guillemets
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"