Multiples

MFM appt was interesting

The guy is so freaking laid back, which I suppose I need since I am so freaking neurotic. I asked about monitoring cervical length and he said he doesn't do it routinely unless there is history of PTL or other complications since it doesn't necessarily mean anything unless very short. He agreed he'd do it if I wanted him to but I feel stupid if he feels it's unnecessary. Also said no NST prior to 36 weeks unless there is a growth issue seen on the u/s. He is going to continue to see me monthly but said he didn't have to if I'd prefer to stick with OB. Something about having his opinion makes a trip so worth it. Even if I didn't get any answers I was hoping for to my questions, I am glad he's on the same page as my OB.

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

Re: MFM appt was interesting

• Glad it was a good visit! After 2 US's with the MFM, ours basically told us he didn't want to see us sooner than monthly because he saw nothing that was likely to change the way mine and the babies' care is being managed in the meantime. So, even with complications (spina bifida in our case), not everyone sees their MFM every two weeks.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageerniebufflo:
    Glad it was a good visit! After 2 US's with the MFM, ours basically told us he didn't want to see us sooner than monthly because he saw nothing that was likely to change the way mine and the babies' care is being managed in the meantime. So, even with complications (spina bifida in our case), not everyone sees their MFM every two weeks.

I didn't expect to see him more than monthly, I was just surprised he didn't feel he needed to see me at all if I'd prefer to not. In the end, OB was on board with my monthly u/s happening with MFM and her doing the rest of the care so I feel comfortable with that.

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Loading the player...
  • I saw my MFM at 16 and 20 weeks.  He said I wouldn't need to come at all unless my OB found some kind of issue.  Fewer appointments, which is nice, but also fewer chances of getting some extra looks at our babies... :(
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies, your responses made me feel like this isn't abnormal. The MFM is taking place of the OB scans so it's not like I will be having anything extra in terms of times seeing the babies just an extra set of eyes.

• My OB said seeing MFM was optional altogether (the practice specializes in twins already. I still go, but alternate with my OB so I am seeing a doctor every two weeks but but having to double up on appointments.  They are doing cervix checks every 2 weeks and I have no history of PTL at all but my OB said everything can work out quite differently with a twin pregnancy.  I wouldn't worry about feeling stupid, you should do what you think is right (so if you want them to monitor it, have them do so, who cares what they think)?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLottaLattes:

My OB said seeing MFM was optional altogether (the practice specializes in twins already. I still go, but alternate with my OB so I am seeing a doctor every two weeks but but having to double up on appointments.  They are doing cervix checks every 2 weeks and I have no history of PTL at all but my OB said everything can work out quite differently with a twin pregnancy.  I wouldn't worry about feeling stupid, you should do what you think is right (so if you want them to monitor it, have them do so, who cares what they think)?

Ditto this.  I never had as much as a contraction with my son and had to be induced.  I went into PTL at 28 weeks with these guys.   Twins are a different ballgame!  I don't think you're being neurotic!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"