Success after IF
Options

**alchris**

So you have a super short luteal phase?  What did your doc do to lengthen it?  If my body is really gearing up for AF like it feels like, mine has gotten even shorter...(like 4 days). 

Re: **alchris**

• Options

Hey!  The short answer is the only thing that ever worked for me was a trigger followed by a booster shot.  The booster hCG shot tricks one's corpus luteum into thinking you're pg so it produces its own P4.  Direct P4 didn't work for me at all, although it does for most women.  But...I had had a lifetime 23 day cycle, which I learned in 2006 meant that I was Oing on ~cd17 and a 6-8 day LP.  I had been in acupuncture for a year to bring back AF and to try to extend my LP.  Acupuncture made my then-PCOS sit down and shut up -- no more symptoms! -- but it didn't do anything for my LP, nor did any herbs, B6...nada.  I think it really just regulated me back to the healthy norm from my teens and 20s, which was unfortunately still just 23 day/short LP but very regular cycle.

I also took Femara when TTC #1.  When trying for #2 I had developed DOR, but I wasn't on any O-inducing meds the cycle I got pg with Elena since I had a polyp removed that same cycle.  The idea with Femara or injectibles of course is that a stronger O would extend one's LP, but I truly think for me the trigger/booster was the absolute key for both my girls.  I had other issues too, but the LP issue was my constant.

GOOD GOOD GOOD LUCK!  Keep me posted, OK? :)

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options

Thanks so much!!  I didn't know anything about a booster shot...that's interesting!  I saw the B6 recs when I was googling yesterday.  I had to laugh that the the number one treatment (clomid and progesterone) doesn't help me...sigh.  

Well, no blood yet this morning, so I'm really hoping its just the crinone causing the cramping and that it will actually help me have a decent LP. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I hope you're in the clear!  I've never in my life sensed AF coming as so many women here speak of -- I think my O is (and always has been) just too weak and my hormones with O aren't strong enough to cause symptoms.

But yep, while I never took clomid (despite my first RE considering it a cure all for everything, well, I refused it), P4 didn't work for me either as my LP was 8 days on it.  I begged for Femara to help on the front end, and my first RE strung me along and finally we mutually fired each other with myself in a heaping ball of tears on Valentine's Day 2007!  (Nearly 5 years -- I can't believe it!)  He had also promised cd3 b/w and to monitor me as I had been requesting and then he bailed on those that day too -- it was ugly.  I went directly to my OB for Femara and cd3 b/w, and my second RE was a lifesaver when he stepped in for me that same cycle and suggested the trigger and booster -- bam...Kira! :)  Those here who were on TTTC then -- it was only a few weeks old -- heard the saga that day and were AMAZING support.  It was just BOTB before that, but BOTB gave me the knowledge and strength to know that the care I was receiving wasn't up to standards.

I've got the AF department covered for you this week, OK?  I'll happily take it for the team!  I wish you the very best!!! :)

imageimageimage

• Options
    imagealchris:

I've got the AF department covered for you this week, OK?  I'll happily take it for the team!  I wish you the very best!!! :)

Haha!  thanks!!  :) 

(and I'm with you...normally I never really knew it was coming, but last cycle I was crazy bloated and had a ton of cramping (which I totally got my hopes up as implantation since it was 8dpo..boo!!)

• Options
    Fingers crossed!!!  Hugs!!!

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"