Attachment Parenting

Suggestions wanted

What do you do when LO won't eat what you serve...or the second thing you serve during the same meal.........oreven the third try?

DS rarely turns down carbs, fruit/veggie pouches (but they're too expensive to have at every meal!), almond butter and fruit spread...He needs more variety, more substance, and more 'regular people" (haha) food.

What to do?

imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Suggestions wanted

• I should add he nurses once for nap, once before bed, and 1-2x throughout the night.

I ended up giving him a piece of whole wheat bread with apple butter and acorn squash....he ate about half of one piece before he started screaming and throwing it on the ground.

imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my goodness DD is doing the samething!! I can't help, but I would love to hear what people suggest. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • I will offer him a variety of things that are healthy. If he throws them on the floor, then that is that.

But I do give him 3-4 different types of things to choose from. He didn't care for the chicken or rice tonight, he downed green beans and wanted more, so I added a piece of wheat bread to his tray and he ate that.

He won't starve- babies go through days or meals where they don't eat much :) 

• I usually offer what LO likes least first. In my son's case it's veggies. After the veggies have been eaten, I'll offer other things he likes. If you get LO really hungry, they're more likely to eat what is offered.

When they're on a huge food strike, I sneak in healthy stuff in foods they like. The kids universally like pasta, so I make my own sauce and add lots of veggies to the mix. I do whole wheat pasta as well. Sloppy joe mix with lean beef is always a big hit as well. While it's not the healthiest thing in the world, it does contain a serving of veggies in the mix alone and isnt too bad in sodium. I'll mix in a few tbsps of pureed avocado in their bowl for some extra nutrition.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"