October 2012 Moms
Options

Questions for first visit

Hi girls!

My first appointment is Thursday and I'm having a hard time figuring out what questions I should ask. What questions are on your list? 

BPF 1. Baby Girl "Petri" 12/22/11 Said goodbye 12/27/11

BPF 2. Baby Boy "Roo" 1/20/12 Heartbeat 160b/m 2/15/12 Said goodbye 2/20/12

BPF 3. Rainbow Baby Boy "Creed"  4/28/12 Born healthy and alive 1/5/13

BFP 4. "Rainbow 2.0" 8/17/14 due 4/28/15

"Darling don't be afraid. I have loved you a thousand years. I love you a thousand more."

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Questions for first visit

• Options

Even though you can find some of these answers online, I would want my doctors opinion. 

What foods should I stay away from? 

What are some products I should avoid? (face creams, makeup, etc.)

What exercise is ok for me to do, what is not? (My PCP told me when I was going through IVF not to use my bike.)

How many ultrasounds will I get throughout the pregnancy? 

What number should I call when I have questions? When could I expect a response when leaving a message? 

These are just a few off the top of my head...   

Extended version in my blog, but:
    TTC since 2004
    DX: Azoospermia
    3 unmedicated IUI's, 1 with Clomid - all unsuccessful. Moving on to DIVF #1-BFP 5dp5dt!!! 1st Beta 1/23- 269!! Beta #2 1/26 - 882!!! Beta #3 1/30- 4,250!!! 1st ultrasound 2/10 showed TWINS!!! Found out on May 2nd we are having BOYS!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am hoping to get a list of everything to avoid as well... the internet makes it seem like it's necessary to avoid so much, so I'll be interested to hear what a dr. says.

I am also curious about travel... my husband and I were hoping to take a trip overseas in early summer, and I'm hoping that's still a possibility!

I'll be curious to see what others have to add to this list!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a whole page full - poor doctor! but most of them i feel are pretty standard (like above) so she can just quick say yes or no.

Work restrictions? (I do a lot of transferring of patients and moving of heavy equipment for therapy treatment.)

Regular appts to keep or change, like dentist (mine recommends 15-16 weeks for a cleaning), eye doctor, etc?

If you have any specific things you want for your birth plan that are important to you but may not be the norm, like a natural birth in a hospital with your OB... good to bring up too.

Flying and vacation restrictions?

Just a few that are more general from my list, I'm sure everyone will put even more for you!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

My first visit isnt until the 24th.  Dr wont see anyone until they are 8 weeks. We will get our first ultrasound done then too.  Jeleous you ladies are getting in sooner.  Smile 

My main question is about calories?  I have been trying to stay at 1200 calories a day to lose some weight and now I am wondering just how many calories are needed to keep me and the baby healthy.  I heard you dont really have to add any until your second trimester so I dont know.

Mommy to baby J - 09/2009 - My perfect little princess.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC#2
    BFP 10/14/11 - MC 10/21/11 @ 4w3d
    BFP 01/23/12 - MC 02/05/12 @ 5w2d
    BFP 12/21/12 - D&C 02/07/13 @ 10w2d 02/27/13 - MTHFR

My Blog:Two Moms and a Journey

My Chart

• Options
    imagespendsitwell:

My main question is about calories?  I have been trying to stay at 1200 calories a day to lose some weight and now I am wondering just how many calories are needed to keep me and the baby healthy.  I heard you dont really have to add any until your second trimester so I dont know.

You need more than 1200 a day. True, you don't need "extra" until later. Just eat "healthy" calories to stay healthy/keep weight gain healthy.

-----

My questions are more about exercise (I didn't work out much with DD), GD testing, VBAC'ing/induction/going naturally/etc - basically anything to avoid what I went through with DD.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"