February 2012 Moms

Who isn't getting cervical checks?

Just wondering how many of us are out there. I am super curious but happier to not know. I think if I knew some information is be obsessed and looking for deeper meaning and signs that aren't there ;)

How is everyone else holding up? 

Took 2 years & 8 months to make our baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Who isn't getting cervical checks?

• No cervical checks for me! At least until I'm in labor, then they will check. I'm in the same wagon, though. I really don't want to know because I think if I wasn't making any progress, I would be really disappointed.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I didn't get one until this past visit at 39 weeks. Like you, I felt that any sooner was unnecessary and pointless.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't had one yet either so far. My doctor offered me one last week for curiosity sake and I passed but she did say I will have one my next appointment in 2 days when I will be at 39 weeks and a day.
  • I haven't had any, but to be honest, that's just because my midwife didn't offer to check.  I know it means nothing, but I'm still super curious :)  My next appointment isn't until 39 weeks, so maybe she'll check then, but maybe not.  She didn't say what we'd do at that appointment.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• My OB doesn't do them.  They offered one today since I my due date is tomorrow, but I declined.  I go back for another NST next week and if LO still isn't here and they need to talk induction, they will offer another one then to see if I am favorable.  I am actually quite happy not knowing anything about dilation and effacement.  I'm anxious enough to meet this little guy, I don't need any numbers to obsess over.

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• I had one at 36 weeks with my group b test. My cnm offered to do one at this week's 38 check, but I declined as the last one was a bit uncomfortable and in the end it doesn't truly give you a definitive answer, so why bother. I'd much rather have another US to see my baby girl. :-)
  • I get mine - and my doc started kinda early (my 4th one is tomorrow). I must say I was disappointed that I wasn't progressing - and really I shouldn't have been anyway. But I like to know what's going on with my body too - so I am happy to be getting them.
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• I got one at 36 weeks when they did the GBS test.  Last week at my 37 week appointment they didn't do one.  I'll be curious if they do one at tomorrow's appointment.  I'm interested to know if I'm progressing even though I know it doesn't mean a lot.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • No checks in this camp. 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• My mw said she'll do my first one at 39 weeks
  • Mine doesn't typicaly do them. I requested one at last visit though b/c of curiousity and they did one.
    BabyName Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I get checked since I've been weekly. I like knowing whats happening, I don't put too much weight into them, and they don't hurt me at all so I look forward to seeing what is going on.
    Me- 28 DH- 36 Diagnosis- MFI IVF baby #1- DD, 2 years old MC at 6 weeks in Feb 2011 (FET) IVF #2- BFP! IVF baby #2- DD, 4 months old
  • i didnt get any until my water broke and i went to the hospital, thats when i had my first one, and wooooaaaah i wasnt expecting it to feel like it did!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • None for me yet. OB says he won't check me internally until about a week before I'm due. 
  • No checks for me, but I'm having a csection so there really is no need to.  They ask me every appointment if I wanna be checked though.  NO thank you!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm declining from here on out. My c/s is scheduled for February 17th and while I'm contracting every day and sometimes a lot, it looks like I'll make to full term. I'm not attempting vbac so I don't feel they're necessary.

• I haven't had one and doubt I will until I go into labor as the midwives I'm seeing don't do them routinely. I won't ask for one b/c I know it doesn't mean anything and that they can be uncomfortable, but if I were offered one I would def say yes as I am super curious. :)
  • I haven't had one since early on in pregnancy. I'm kinda hoping she'll check me at my appt. tomorrow, but like you said...it may be better not to know;)
  • No checks here. Like you, I don't want to obsess and I don't really see the point, since you can walk around for weeks dilated and effaced, or have nothing going on and go into labor later that day. Plus it just doesn't sound like that much fun. I don't even want to know when I'm actually in labor-- I know they have to check, but I've asked my doula to run interference and not have them announce it. I just think there's too much potential to get discouraged.

At my 39 week appointment this week, though, my MW says they'd rather check, so I will have one. But at 35 weeks when they first offered, I really don't see the point (though she says I'm one of the only patients she's ever had who doesn't want to know!) 

• I have an appointment today and am planning on passing on the cervical check.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"