Upstate NY Babies
Options

Did you know (nature trivia)

There is a whale with a tusk called a Narwhal?

We had guests over and I was telling DD about the narwhal, I think she was talking about unicorns.

One of our guests gave me this look (older woman) and was like, "I didn't know that".  I honestly think for a minute that she thought I was making up some cool story for my kids.

Just curious if you knew that.  I was surprised to get this look like I was talking like a crazy person!  (No judgement, just surprise.  I have a MS in Natural Resource Management, so I should know this stuff).

Re: Did you know (nature trivia)

• Options
    I can honestly say I didn't know what it was until one of Ava's alphabet books had that for the letter N. I was like WTF is that? lol Ya learn something new every day!
  • Options
    I did know that, but can't remember why...I feel like maybe it was on Yo Gabba Gabba, ha.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I learned this from the movie Elf? When he was leaving the North Pole to go to NYC? Big Smile
  • Options
    I knew about it, R has a Toob with whales and dolphins and the names are on the bottom. Dh calls it a NarWhale and it drives me nuts, I correct him every time. It was also just on one of R's shows....Octonauts.
  • Options
    yes i knew about it.  Elf does say goodbye when he is leaving the north pole.  if i wouldn't have known about it from that i would have learnt it from octonauts since we have the 10 shows dvr'd and ethan watches them every day
  • Options
    The boys have a Dr Seuss book...Wish for a Fish...that discusses the narwall.
    Bianca image.
  • Options
    My favorite whale (yes I have a favorite whale!) is the narwhal! They have done shows on it on the discovery channel or animal planet. Back in the day, men would harvest the whale for their horns and sell them as unicorn horns. Now I think only eskimo's are allowed to hunt them.
    photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"