Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Birthday party question

My son will be turning 2 in a couple of months. I'm planning on renting a room at a local park. I'll have food for everyone and the parents can socialize then the kids (and parents) can go out into the park and explore (there's a petting zoo and playground).

The room rental includes admission for 80 people. There's no way I'm inviting that many people.... I don't even know that many people in town (family is all OOT). DS will have just moved up into the next class in daycare. Do you think it would be weird to invite all the kids in his daycare class? We're doing a no-gift party. I just think it might be nice and might help me get to know the other families in his class.

Also, what do you think a good time would be? The weather should be fine. That daycare class is scheduled for rest / naps from 12-2. I plan on renting the room for 2 hours and they can stay in the park / petting zoo for as long as they want but I'm struggling to figure out what time would be best.

Re: Birthday party question

• I don't think it's weird to invite all of the classmates, but don't write no gifts on the invitation. It's awkward. As a mom of an older kid, I would be annoyed if we got an invite (for a school friend) which said no gifts. I would probably still buy something.  When my daughter was younger, we went to several parties which started at 10 or 11 because of afternoon naps.
  • I think inviting his class would be nice of you. And I think 3pm would be a great time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Personally I'd do it after nap/early evening time. That's sorta what we're doing for E's bday. Figure I'll let them run around and tucker out before bed is better than working it in before nap. 

Maldonado I don't think it's weird to invite kids from school. E was invited to a girl at DC's bday shortly after he started and it was nice to get the kids together.  

• I also think it's nice to invite the whole class.

As for timing, I think maybe 11-1 would be good. The kids can play for a while when they first get there and then you can do lunch and cake...and then off they go. If they are used to taking naps from 12-2 at daycare, this works with that too. 

• W idshen your LO in a better mood, morning or afternoon? DS ids definitely happier in the morning, so I'd prefer a 10 or 11 am party. I don't think it would be weird to invite his class.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  I don't think it's weird to invite kids from school, it's actually quite nice; but I do find weird to have a no-gifts party for a 2 yr old; and as PP I would probably side eye it and buy a present anyways

I think having the party after the nap would be better so 2-4 or 3-5

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"