Georgia Babies

Private school kindergarten evaluation

We are applying to a private school for the boys.  It is a really good school and is affordable but will def be a sacrifice.

Anyway, Ridge has to be evaluated before being accepted.  Any idea what they look for?  What we should work on over the next few weeks?  

Thanks!!!

Re: Private school kindergarten evaluation

• Is it in a group setting or one on one? We have applied to 2 schools for pre-k for Finn and he has to have a group setting evaluation, but I have no idea what they look for!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • They usually check for motor skills, communication, maybe reading a short story and asking some critical thinking questions from it.

My mom said she almost died when I couldn't tie my shoes by the time my interview came up.  I survived ;)

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Is it for Kindergarten? We are appying for kindergarten next year at a private school, and have evaluations next week. I do know that they look for fine motor skills( hopping on one foot), social skills, pre reading skills, colors, numbers, body parts, coloring, cutting on paper.... I have been told it is all really easy stuff and just to see where the child is at.

Photobucket
  • imagebkenan:

Is it for Kindergarten? We are appying for kindergarten next year at a private school, and have evaluations next week. I do know that they look for fine motor skills( hopping on one foot), social skills, pre reading skills, colors, numbers, body parts, coloring, cutting on paper.... I have been told it is all really easy stuff and just to see where the child is at.

My friend goes to a private school and these are the things her daughter was tested on. Also, because theirs was a Catholic school, they showed pictures of Jesus (as a baby and an adult) and Mary asked the child to identify them.

Bkenan- Are you applying somewhere in Cumming? We are in South Forsyth and have considered private but are not sure.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are applying to a Catholic school. I don't know about the Jesus pictures, but I can see them doing that.

Mrs. Manners- The one we are applying to is in Roswell. My mom works right by there so it will be easy for us. I have heard good things about some up this way though.

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"