1st Trimester
Options

Do I see my primary care doc or OBGYN first?

This may be a silly question, but I'm having a hard time figuring out if I call my PCP and make an appointment to confirm my pregnancy right away; or do I skip ahead to finding an OBGYN and making an appointment with them instead? Or both? I'm not really sure what the protocol is, so any insight would be greatly appreciated! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do I see my primary care doc or OBGYN first?

• Options
    you call your OBGYN.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Call your OBGYN.  If anything, they will tell you to see your Dr. if you need to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep I definatley called my OB first, mainly because I love her to death and she knew I was TTC. Also, they do blood work there to test your hormone levels (not saying that your primary won't, but your OB will make sure EVERYTHING gets done) Also, depending on how far they think you are, you may get an ultrasound that day. Mine gave me handfuls of prenatal vitamins to try, even though I was already taking some. They hook you up! Good luck!
  • Options
    Definitely call your OB/GYN.  Your PCP will just have you pee in a cup, tell you your pregnant, and to call you OB/GYN.  Might as skip that and go ahead and call the baby doctor since you already know you are preggers.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! This was way helpful. I'll be calling my OBGYN in the morn to set up an appt (and skip the middle man.) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Call your obgyn
  • Options
    I knew my OB wouldn't see my til at least 7 weeks and we found out at around 4 wks...long wait. We saw my PCP 2 days after our home test and she ordered serum hcg levels. It provided added confirmation and an estimate of how far along I was. Not neccesary but nice to know as you wait for OB appt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker 
  • Options
    What if you don't have an OBGYN because you just moved to the area, but you do have a primary care doc.... Should I get a recommendation for an OBGYN from my doc, or just go and find one myself and make the first appointment that way?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"