April 2012 Moms

ridiculously horrible cough

no other cold symptoms right just a horrible, mostly dry, cough.  it hurts.  and i pee myself a little everytime because the force of the cough is so great.  it's hard to breath and it just sucks really!  i've been taking muciniex, as it's on the list of approved meds, but i'm feeling pretty bad.  i've been avoiding taking robitussin, even though it's on the approved list.  anyone else have this horrible cough, and have you taken anything for it? 

Re: ridiculously horrible cough

• I had that for several weeks.  Have you tried hot tea with honey?  the honey at least helped soothe my throat and stop the coughing for a little bit.  Does your mucinex has a cough suppressant?  I did end up taking robitussin even though it was nasty, just to help me sleep a little better at night.

At night, it helped to sleep slightly elevated too. 
    Mine was due to allergies - finally figured that out after a trip to the dr, so I had to start taking allergy meds again.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yup, its from sinuses being swollen because of pregnancy. I'm not expecting it to go away anytime soon.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a horrible cough now too, mine was mucousy. I haven't taken anything for it, just trying to get extra sleep and plenty of fluids with the occasional cough drop. hope yours improves soon!

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• This is totally me.  I have to change my undies at least twice a day because of the peeing.  Today I even had to change my pants because it went through the pad and undies. 

I had my regular OB appt yesterday and it turns out I have strep and an ear infection.  They put me on amoxcilian in addition to the other stuff I have already been taking-sudafed, cough syrup and tylenol for the aches. 

• I did in second tri and I used robitussin it was keeping me up at night and I was peeing it was awful. I needed some sleep.

DO you have a hunidifier on in your room? This has made a world of difference for me. I can totally tell if we forget to turn it on at night. Its worth going and buying you can use it in baby's room later too. WE have one in our room & DS' we will need another for the nursery before Ducky moves in there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"