Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Exercise after D&C?

If you had a D&C, how long did your doctor say to wait before resuming exercise?  

I had my D&C on Friday, and the doctor said I could start running again starting on Monday.  I did a short easy run today, and now I am really cramping.  The bleeding hasn't increased, but I hope I didn't just screw things up.  Should I call the dr or just wait it out?  I'm just spotting, really lightly.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Exercise after D&C?

• My D&C was last Tuesday, and I went for a workout today in the park. The doctor said I really only needed to wait a day or two. So since I had no bleeding all day yesterday I decided to go for it.

The doctor did warn me that the bleeding would increase with activity. He was right. After having no bleeding yesterday when I got home from working out, I passed a big clot and have been bleeding slightly since.

So I think it's pretty normal to experience what you are having. As long as it's nothing really severe I think you are safe.

BFP#1 10.03.11| Chemical Pregnancy 10.11.11.
    BFP#2 11.13.11| diag@13wks T21/Cystic Hygroma/Hydrops | D&C 1.24.12
    BFP#3 12.13.12| HR 174 | Materni21 - All Chromosomes Normal! | EDD 8.25.13
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
  • I've had red bleeding every day since the D&C, but it's been really light.  The run I did was really slow and half the distance I usually go.  I popped some Tylenol and will see if that helps.

This sucks. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I will also tell you that my absolute worst day for pain was Day 5. It was horrific, I'm not sure I've ever felt pain like that before. It woke me up in the middle of the night and not even the Tylenol 3's they gave me touched the pain. I literally got in the shower at 2am trying to calm it down because my heating pad stopped working. That didn't work either. So I dragged myself to work at 6am ( I work in an ER ) and one of the ER docs helped me out. I didn't realize you could combine Advil with Tylenol 3.

Once I combined them the pain was much better. But up until Day 5, the pain had been minimal so don't be surprised if you see it increase a bit. I hope it doesn't but it's pretty normal if it does.

It's hell being a woman isn't it? ;-)

BFP#1 10.03.11| Chemical Pregnancy 10.11.11.
    BFP#2 11.13.11| diag@13wks T21/Cystic Hygroma/Hydrops | D&C 1.24.12
    BFP#3 12.13.12| HR 174 | Materni21 - All Chromosomes Normal! | EDD 8.25.13
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
  • I'm dealing with this right now. I had light bleeding for 4 days followed by nearly a week of spotting. I tried moderate exercise Sunday, mostly low impact gym stuff, and red flow started again. I'm surprised everyone else is saying they recovered so quickly.
  • My Dr. said to wait a week. Today is a week for me and I had a pretty intense workout this am. I also stopped bleeding 2 days ago so I am sure that I'm fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"