Cloth Diapering

If you used XS BGs on your NB and then OS

DD is about ready to outgrow her XS BG AIOs, and I'm trying to figure out if she will likely need to go into size small or straight into OS. If you used XS and OS Bum Genius AIOs, did you need to use Small sized diapers in between, or could you go straight to the OS after DC outgrew XS? 

At this point, OS are still too big - which makes sense since she hasn't completely outgrown her XS. We only have 6 of these AIOs, but I like to keep them around for grandparents and middle of the night changes so I'm trying to figure out if I should order a few smalls. We have a TON of Elementals (like 35+ since I have them left from DS plus I bought more pink/girly ones too) once she's big enough (we primarily use fitteds and prefolds now for the NB stage).  

One week ago, she weighed in at 8lbs, 6ozs, but she's definitely grown a ton this week. 

Re: If you used XS BGs on your NB and then OS

• I can't help you but I want to tell you that your picture is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL :) I smile every time I look at it and wish I would have done that with my boy :( Next time! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

imageimage

• imageLesleyH11:
    I can't help you but I want to tell you that your picture is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL :) I smile every time I look at it and wish I would have done that with my boy :( Next time! :)

Awww, thank you! I saw the idea on Pinterest recently so I quickly snapped these pictures a few days ago before she got too big. :) 

• Loading the player...
  • It depends on your baby's size. I used sposies at first (I will invest in NB cloth for the next one!) and had only one AIO small BG that fit my long skinny baby around 8 lbs, but he is a heavy wetter and it did not last long. The OS did not fit him until he was three months old. My DS has very skinny legs which caused the diapers to gap around the legs. I still have a problem with stuffing them at night (he is 6 months now); I have to be careful to not make them too thick or they gap. It wouldn't hurt to try them out while you are around the house one day. *They will be very bulky!!
    Bobbie Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used smalls first, but OS shortly there after. We still use both actually.
  • We did have to use the smalls for a while, but there was some overlap with the OS. She actually outgrew the absorbency faster than the actual diaper. There's no way OS would have fit her right after the XS, she needed to be closer to 10-12 lbs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LO was 8lb 9oz at birth.

We started using BG XS at about 1.5 weeks.  By 1 month we were using the BG smalls.  Our BGEs didn't start fitting until a few weeks after that.  There was at least a month of time between the XS and OS fitting.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD went straight from the XS to the OS, around 9 pounds.  I'd give the OS a try and see if they fit!
    TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• XS to OS for DS too. No harm in trying someday
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageanonomity:
    DD went straight from the XS to the OS, around 9 pounds.  I'd give the OS a try and see if they fit!

This was also our experience. I think my LO was closer to 10 pounds, but I didn't try the OS diapers before then.

DS 12/18/2011
    DD 8/28/2014
    DD 5/24/2016, stillborn at 40 weeks
  • We started with the XS and we tried the OS next but she was thick around the middle with skinny little legs. That didn't work well with the OS diapers so we did get a few size smalls to fill that gap. It sucks that BG isn't making the sized diapers anymore. I really loved those for that stage. I know a few people who have really liked the sized fuzzibunz diapers.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageanonomity:
    DD went straight from the XS to the OS, around 9 pounds.  I'd give the OS a try and see if they fit!

Ditto this.  I have one Small AIO, and he outgrew it in terms of absorbency around the same time he outgrew the XS's. 

DS: 11/11
    TTC #2 since March 2014. BFP in April 2014; MMC @8w. CP December 2014 @5w
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"