1st Trimester
Options

First Pregnancy!!! Question about cramps...

So my Husband & I just found out I was pregnant last week, we are still getting used to the idea of having a sweet little baby! I'm think I'm only about 5 weeks though, eating healthy and I have been taking pre-natal's for almost 2 months now. So far I feel good aside from the tender breasts, fatigue, and frequent urination. I do get cramping every once in a while, but it usually goes away. Is that normal? I've noticed that I get hungry more often also...I just want to know if anyone else had cramping every once in a while also?

Re: First Pregnancy!!! Question about cramps...

• Options
    I had cramping for 2 weeks before I got a BFP and for a week after. It disappeared around week 5. It's totally normal (even throughout the entire pregnancy). Your uterus is stretching and everything is moving, so it's totally normal. If it gets too painful to handle, call your doctor. If you see any blood, call your doctor too! You can take tylenol for the cramping. Good luck and congrats!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes cramping is completely normal.  If it's really painful, I would notify your doctor.  But I get mild cramps all the time.  They were really consistent when I first got my BFP but now they've subsided and come and go.  Today I'm cramping a little.  Yesterday hardly at all.  All your other symptoms sound normal too.  

Congrats on your BFP! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had cramps that I attributed to menstrual cramps they day before BFP(the day AF was due) Those persisted for a few more days and now they are pretty much gone 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had cramping at some point almost everyday last week. I was told that as long as they are mild and not accompanied by bleeding that they were okay. Getting up, moving around, and drinking water seem to help them dissolve. Entering my 5th week, I haven't noticed them much at all.
    TTC: 23Dec11 LMP: 25Dec11 BFP: 23Jan11 EDD: 01Oct12 Pregnancy Ticker imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I had cramping around the same time for a few days. It freaked me out, but it is normal!
    A - 4/27/12     D - 7/14/14
  • Options
    I had cramps worse with my first pregnancy than I am having now. But def. normal. Unless they are really really painful or there is bleeding involved you should be okay. But I felt better during my first pregnancy when I had the doctor confirm it was okay. :D
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes it is normal. As Long as it is not severe and there is not a heavy bleeding associated with it
    ~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"