Success after IF

Stubborn yeast rash help needed

Lydia had a nasty drool rash turned yeasty on her chin. It has now spread to her diaper area. Dr. Gave us nystatin & had us mix it with cortisone and seal with aquaphor on face & triple paste on bum. It's been weeks and we are still battling it. What else can I try?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Stubborn yeast rash help needed

• Caroline had a rash that we thought was yeast for MONTHS.  Nothing worked to get rid of it.

I finally had another pedi in the clinic look at it and he said it wasn't yeast at all...but likely a strep infection and we treated it with an antibiotic cream and it was gone in less than a week.

Just food for thought...

Other than that, would he prescribe her a round of diflucan? 

• My pedi always suggests athletes foot cream for the diaper area (the name escapes me now)...but it's an anti-fungal.  I'm so sorry for her...I'm sure it's not comfortable :( Hope it clears up soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • For yeast rashes on her diaper area we use clotrimazole cream with triple paste on top. Usually clears it up in 2-3 days.
  • Lotrisone cream. It's prescription, but that stuff rocks if it is yeasty.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Nystatin with a steroid in it.  we battled a yeast rash on dylan for the longest time and nothing was working.  not any otc creams and not the regular nystatin.  very frustrating.  good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use nystatin topped with A&D and only use wet wash clothes instead of wipes. 
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"