June 2012 Moms
Options

name trouble!!

It's a BOY! :) We found out last week.... however we've been trying to find names from the beginning (now we can narrow the list to boy names only) however, we are really struggling with coming up with names! :( The middle name will be either Joseph or Daniel...We're staying away from the more popular names, but still like the new modern names. Suggestions please! And how did you and your significant other/ husband come to a decision if you have already? (I know I still have time but I want to be closer than we are already)

Re: name trouble!!

• Options

imageMisti070707:
    It's a BOY! :) We found out last week.... however we've been trying to find names from the beginning (now we can narrow the list to boy names only) however, we are really struggling with coming up with names! :( The middle name will be either Joseph or Daniel...We're staying away from the more popular names, but still like the new modern names. Suggestions please! And how did you and your significant other/ husband come to a decision if you have already? (I know I still have time but I want to be closer than we are already)

Just the top of my head..

Andrew

Adam

David

Matthew

Image and video hosting by TinyPic IAmPregnant TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We had our boy list down to 4 names.  My DH's top fav. wasn't my top fav. but we both had the same 2nd top fav. so we went with that name.

edit: Our top 4 were Javier, Cody, Vincent, and Zachery.  We went with Vincent.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My taste is more in "old fashioned" names so I'm not sure if I have any good suggestions for you. Some names from friends with boys are: Griffin, Benjamin, Jackson, Jonah, Ethan, Micah, Nathan, Lucas, Cole, Gavin, Jacob, Jameson, Bradley...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DS is Ethan Roland, this baby we are still trying to narrow it down to a short list of maybes so far : Gavin, Liam, James, David, Matthew, Ryan, all with the middle name of Paul. I like Gavin the most but DH is not very helpful
    Our Halloween Treat! Self-weaned at 23months Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We are most likely naming our little boy Martin.  A little old fashion, but it's a family name and not popular, which works well since we have one of the most popular last names!  MH though also likes the name McKade, which I'm just not in love with at all. 
    Visit The Nest!
  • Options

DH and I each went through our Baby Name Book and highlighted (with diff. colors) the names we liked. Then we printed up the lists and saw where there was overlap. We would have gone through each other's lists and vetoed names we really didn't like, but the way it worked out, he was really set on one American name (which I also like) and I was really set on the Ghanaian name (he's from Ghana, so we planned to use one of each), so it was really easy to come up with a first choice, and a couple of back ups in case we change our mind.

ETA: Our top first name choices were Samuel, Micah, Elisha and Nathaniel... We're pretty settled on Samuel Evanam :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"