June 2011 Moms

C hit 2 milestones yesterday while i was at work

He started clapping and he got even more mobile, now instead of rolling to get anywhere he does the worm and army crawls!!! I'm so sad i missed seeing these first Crying

to make matter worse my MIL saw it first........ why oh why do i have to work!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: C hit 2 milestones yesterday while i was at work

• I'm so sorry.  I know this has been a fear of mine too.  Just remember, when you see it, it will still be the first time for you and it will be so exciting!

I honestly think there should be a sort of unwritten rule that if someone besides mom (or dad) sees a "first," it shouldn't be brought up.  That person should act like they never saw anything.  IMO, it only counts when mommy and daddy see it. lol

• Yeah, Ty crawled yesterday for daddy and I just missed it by like 5 minutes.  I was so bummed!

I would LOVE to see a baby do the worm! 

• Loading the player...
  • imagekimbo1216:

I'm so sorry.  I know this has been a fear of mine too.  Just remember, when you see it, it will still be the first time for you and it will be so exciting!

I honestly think there should be a sort of unwritten rule that if someone besides mom (or dad) sees a "first," it shouldn't be brought up.  That person should act like they never saw anything.  IMO, it only counts when mommy and daddy see it. lol

My mom keeps LO for us while I work and we have this rule.  She is funny though because she will start to tell me something he did and then say oh crap nevermind.  She gets so excited to share.

• I'm sorry :( I agree with Kimbo- you didn't see it so it didn't count!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageThe_Birds_04:
    imagekimbo1216:

I'm so sorry.  I know this has been a fear of mine too.  Just remember, when you see it, it will still be the first time for you and it will be so exciting!

My mom keeps LO for us while I work and we have this rule.  She is funny though because she will start to tell me something he did and then say oh crap nevermind.  She gets so excited to share.

i don't think i would have mind so much if it was my mum.....  lol

• Aww yeah, MIL should keep it to herself as hard as that would be. I'm sorry you missed it. So exciting though! I've been trying to teach DS clapping the last few days. So far he just flails his arms up and down and yells a sound that sounds like "yay!!" haha I want to see your LO do the worm. Wink
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • If mama didn't see it, it didn't happen! 

My daycare lies :) Every now and then they ask me a question like "so...anything new this weekend?" like they want to talk about her crawling but want me to admit I know about it first. So funny!  

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagekimbo1216:

This.  When my MIL or mom watch DD (sometimes even DH, lol!) I always tell them that if she does something new to not even mention it to me.

It doesn't count until you see it!

photo Untitled-1_zps25768757.jpg 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I am so sorry.  If it makes you feel better I SAH and DH saw LO roll for the first time, while I was sleeping in.  I know I have told my family if DS does stuff while I am not there that I do not want to know.  Not before and I don't want it before either, I don't them to tell me after I see it and think I saw it the first time.

I am so sorry and hopefully you have seen it already though as well.  If not, I am sure you will soon.

**February 20th, 2010 I Married My Best Friend and June 5th, 2011 My Soulmate Was Born** image Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimageimage
  • DS started to crawl when I was at work, and he sat up by himself (from lying on his belly) when I was at a friends house helping her with her new baby. I wish I didn't have to work but I tell myself that even if I was home I might not have seen it either... That and if I didn't work I wouldn't have a home to live in and see the milestones!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"