Trouble TTC
Options

Importance of Trigger Shots.

What determines whether or not I should be having a trigger shot? I am still in the beginnings of all of this, but my doctor said he wanted to test 2 months of femara before doing any type of injectables. I noticed a lot of you who have had any type of medicated cycles has automatically received a trigger shot. With my clomid cycles I never responded only grew cysts. I understand how the trigger shot works, just not sure if I should be asking for it. Is this something I should bring up to my RE?

TTC Since March 2010
DX: Ovulation Disfunction DH:low volume, but good
3 clomid cycles (50MG - 150 MG): No Response
Femara (5MG) 2/2012: Weak ovulation BFN
Femara (5MG) 3/2012: BFP!!!!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Importance of Trigger Shots.

• Options
    Some girls do them from TI. Most IUIs have them and all IVFs have them.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, Maybe that is the reason. We are doing TI until we see how I react to Femara.... I'll ask my RE when I go on Thursday for monitoring.

TTC Since March 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I used the trigger on my Femara only IUIs and on my Femara + injectible IUIs. The trigger helps finish the egg maturation process and helps your RE time your IUI or TI better.

I would give your RE a call and clarify what he means (no trigger this time or are you stimming with oral meds and doing a trigger shot). A trigger usually isn't classified as an injectible cycle. GL!

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejessican08:

I used the trigger on my Femara only IUIs and on my Femara + injectible IUIs. The trigger helps finish the egg maturation process and helps your RE time your IUI or TI better.

I would give your RE a call and clarify what he means (no trigger this time or are you stimming with oral meds and doing a trigger shot). A trigger usually isn't classified as an injectible cycle. GL!

I did not realize that. Learn something new all of the time. I'll ask at my CD3 ultrasound appointment Thursday. Thanks.

TTC Since March 2010
  • Options
    My RE explained that a trigger shot can really help increase egg quality. We did several cycles with Clomid and no trigger, so eventually we decided to use a trigger to see if it helps at all. It makes the timing of everything much easier too!
  • Options

I agree with other posters...We have used a trigger shot for every cycle of IUI. It helps with timing. We have used Clomid and Femara with the IUIs. We had one cycle of TI with Clomid and did not use a trigger for that one.

This is going to sound odd, but your S/N, is it your name and your DHs? If it is, that's awesome b/c my name is Sara and my DH's name is Aaron :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageRebecki1414:
    My RE explained that a trigger shot can really help increase egg quality. We did several cycles with Clomid and no trigger, so eventually we decided to use a trigger to see if it helps at all. It makes the timing of everything much easier too!

I didn't know this.  I thought for TI and/or IUI that a trigger was more for accurate timing.  Thanks.

TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    imageSMF&ADS091507:

I agree with other posters...We have used a trigger shot for every cycle of IUI. It helps with timing. We have used Clomid and Femara with the IUIs. We had one cycle of TI with Clomid and did not use a trigger for that one.

This is going to sound odd, but your S/N, is it your name and your DHs? If it is, that's awesome b/c my name is Sara and my DH's name is Aaron :)

Ha! Thats great. Yep, DH's name is Aaron and Im Sarah.

TTC Since March 2010
  • Options
    imagesarahaaron08:
    imageSMF&ADS091507:

That sooo rocks!!! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSMF&ADS091507:
    imagesarahaaron08:
    imageSMF&ADS091507:

That sooo rocks!!! :)

Yes

TTC Since March 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"