Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Portraint Innovations - 3 Month Photo Ideas

Portrait Innovations is running a really good deal for $9.99.  (We've never been there, so if this is too good to be true please let me know!!)  I wasn't planning on getting any more professional photos taken until 6 months, but for that price I'm thinking of getting Valentine photos and 3 month photos! 

The problem is I'm assuming for that price, they'll be standing and clicking and not providing a lot of time or assistance with posing and suggestions.  We have newborn photos, many on his tummy and back.  Although he's changed a lot since then, I don't really want all the same shots if I can avoid it.  He's able to hold his head up really well when he's on his tummy, so we could do that pose, and I suppose we could prop him up, but do you have any other suggestions for cute and creative poses for a 10 week old or 3 month old?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Portraint Innovations - 3 Month Photo Ideas

• Options
    You could bring the boppy and put it under their backdrop (usually long enough for the floor too) or if they have a nice blanket--that will help prop him up some.  If you have a cute basket you could put him in it with a blanket.  

• Options

We've gotten pics done a few times at Portrait Innovations, and no, that deal is not too good to be true.  It's actually a fantastic deal - the way they get you is that they try to sell you multiple poses.  If you stick to your guns and just get the one, it really is only 9.99.  The package deal they're running right now includes 10 Valentine's Day cards, which are super cute.

Anyway, they've actually had really good posing ideas... they make more money if they can get you to buy different poses, after all. All of our pictures have turned out really cute.  For instance, here are some shots we had taken there.  These are pictures of pictures, so the quality isn't good, but you can get an idea of the poses.

PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That's where I've been for both photo sessions so far.  They will take LOTS of pictues b/c they will be so cute you'll want to buy more!  For my LO, they put a bean bag or a boppy under the drapey background and propped him up.  They also sat him in a basket and on a little leather chair.  I brought 2 outfits, but it was their idea to also take some pics in just his diaper.  Have fun!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had DD's Christmas pics taken there.  Wasn't planning on doing those at all but DH wanted to and we got that coupon also.  The one we went to was really great.  Only 2 photo booths so not crowded and the photographer was great with babies.  She even let us stop midway to feed DD when she was fussing.  She was about 2 1/2 months old and they had us holding her or her propped up in props like a big fluffy pillow and a gift box under the tree.  They seemed to already have an idea of what they do which was good for us.  I'm totally not creative and the kid would've just been sitting there like a lump!  We thought about Vday photos there as well.  They do a gazillion shots and try to sell them all to you - $500+ no thank you LOL.  We probably didn't buy 1/3 of the total but got a CD with the package we built. I added a few of hers to my profile if you want to look. 
  • Options

We just took DD there on Sunday for her 3 month pictures. They did an awesome job with her trying to get her to smile, changing backgrounds, outfit change, etc. They asked about a diaper shot, but I said no. LO doesn't like to be on her tummy so the picture I would want of her in her diaper would be a no go.

They put her in a bean bag that was drapped in the background cloth and then had this chair that they draped also for her to sit in. We also have one of her in a moses basket, but she is propped up in there too. I went in knowing what I wanted/needed in pictures. I loved the pictures and ended up getting the $9.99 package and then another $50 worth of pictures. Just so you know, the $9.99 deal is for only 1 post. I'm hoping they run the same deal around Easter. 

12/10 Dx with high levels antisperm antibodies (female)
    IVF#1 Jan/Feb 2011 Lupron Follistim 1/29
    ER 2/10 28 Retrieved 21 Fertilized w/ICSI
    ET 2/15 Transferred 2 beautiful embryos, 10 frosties
    Beta #1 2/24-141~Beta #2 2/28-1007
    1st u/s HB 116 2nd u/s HB 133
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love Portrait Innovations! The $9.99 deal is great, the only thing is it only includes one pose (in the store here that is) However, they are great you are going to want much more so if you are only wanting to spend that, be sure you don't get talked into more. We went in spending $10 and left spending about $60 !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"