Stay at Home Moms

NBR: What was your wedding cake topper?

My DH is a logger. We are both rather country. He does lumberjack competitions at the fair. So instead of a normal cake topper, we had bride and groom cows riding a John Deere.

https://www.thecollectorsdream.com/Mmmjdwed.jpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

Re: NBR: What was your wedding cake topper?

• Ours was a monogrammed "E" for our last name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh, ours was a glass heart... I loved it.  With Valentines day coming up, I should pull it out and do something with it....
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Loading the player...
  • We had a sparkly monogrammed "M" for our last name.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We had a different topper also. We were married on a beach in HI so we had a hula dancing couple.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had a monogramed "M" for our last name and fresh flowers. I loved our cake, it was so simple and perfect. 
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • we were supposed to have flowers, but the person who delivered the cake put on a tacky circa 1980 bride and groom complete with baby's breath and lace.  The bride was a blonde.  Turns out, she put our flowers on another bride's cake - totally wrong colors.
  • Swarovski crystal monogram like this.  These are not our initials.  Now the piece is hanging in a shadow box in the dining room.

• The cake was white with black detailing and we had fresh flowers in hot pink and orange on the top and around the bottom.  It looked much better than I'm describing haha
  • Coffee beans.  We had a Starbucks theme throughout our wedding/reception.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Didn't have one. I don't like cake toppers. NMS.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • red roses
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Two glass snow"men".  They both originally had top hats on but we removed the hat from one and put a small veil on it and a little bouquet of flowers on one of the arms. 
    DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A real fresh flower. (a pink star gazer lilly to be exact)
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We didn't have a formal wedding cake so no cake topper.
  • I will be an AW and PIP.  I am like Harriet and don't like cake toppers either.  (Unless fresh flowers are considered a cake topper?)

imageimage" mce_src="image">

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had fresh flowers on my cake and my topper was a cluster of hot pink roses that matched my bouquet. Then we had a blanket of hot pink rose petals surrounding the base on the table. It was pretty cool.
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • My husband made us a little robot bride and groom for our cake topper
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• Flowers.  The ones on top are what I wanted, but the florist and baker screwed up the flowers below it.  They were supposed to be between the 2nd and 3rd layer (from the bottom).  Oh well.

• imageEnglishMajor03:

Swarovski crystal monogram like this.  These are not our initials.  Now the piece is hanging in a shadow box in the dining room.

Ours was similar, but a little more of a block font than script

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • I love how many different ones there were! I actually didn't even have a tiered cake, just a sheet cake. Just put my topper in the middle.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• We had a precious moment on top of our cake.  I have collected them all my life.
  • We had a sparkly monogrammed "R" similar to those posted above. I still have it and will likely do something in a frame with it when I get around to it.
    imageimageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Certified Veterinary Technician / SAHM
  • Basically this:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

The Nest/Bump sucks and won't let me change my location. I'm in Arkansas, not Florida.
  • We didn't have a topper, just a little sugar paste flower that went with the rest of the cake decorations.

• We used the same cake topper that my parents/grandparents used on their wedding cakes. It was my "something old". 

I bought the letters and then decorated them with little Swarovski crystals in my colors.  

• Lost/stolen by the caterers before it went on the cake along with half our cards. Before it disappeared it was a little bear couple in wedding attire. I'm still bitter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"