Pregnant after IF
Options

Anyone else scared to have sex?

I have had the hardest time not worrying when we do have sex every 3 wks bc I am not in the mood. Then when we do I ask my husband do you think the baby's ok? Lol seriously how do you not worry when you do it? I am so scared of losing the baby. How do y'all handle the worrying?
TTC since 06/2010 HSG-clear,SA-good DX:Unexplained IUI#1-(May) 100mg of clomid +trigger + progerstrone supp=BFN IUlI#2-(June) 100mg of clomide+trigger+progesterone supp=BFN JuLy Break for vaca. IUI#3 (Aug) 100mg of clomid+trigger+progesterone=BFN IVF trial started in Oct-Nov ER-15 Retrieved, 13 mature, 11 fertilized. 5dt on 11-15-11 Beta #1 9dp 5dt= 107 Beta#2 331 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone else scared to have sex?

• Options
    Very much so!  We were going to ask about it at our appt today, but in the midst of all the excitement it totally slipped our minds.
  • Options
    Being high risk with twins they said no sex after 20 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Um, yes...very much so.

Between how difficult it was for us to even get pregnant (not to mention how expensive), then being WAYYYYYYYYY too nervous/nauseous for pretty much the entire first trimester, then finding out my placenta is covering my cervix (which is common early on apparently but they still said no intercourse), I'm guessing that this is going to be a loooong 9 months all together!

Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We were both really nervous about it in 1st Tri -- we only did it like twice.  We got past that, but now the gymnastics involved to get around my belly are such a PITA that we're back to only once every other week or so. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Absolutely!  I caved (I love being with my DH, but am paranoid about the safety of the babies) and had sex with DH on Saturday.  On Sunday I started spotting again (3rd time this pregnancy), coincidence?  It doesn't matter, really.  I still had to go to the hospital, get checked out, and get another shot of rhogam.  Unfortunately, DH is cut-off for likely the entire pregnancy.  I meet with our high-risk (twins) OBGYN in the next couple of weeks and this will be at the top of my list to discuss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We haven't even been cleared to have sex yet, since we had the SCH drama, but I'm sure I'll be worried about it when the time comes.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• Options
    Oh I am so glad I am not the only person who worries about this. Thanks ladies!
    TTC since 06/2010 HSG-clear,SA-good DX:Unexplained IUI#1-(May) 100mg of clomid +trigger + progerstrone supp=BFN IUlI#2-(June) 100mg of clomide+trigger+progesterone supp=BFN JuLy Break for vaca. IUI#3 (Aug) 100mg of clomid+trigger+progesterone=BFN IVF trial started in Oct-Nov ER-15 Retrieved, 13 mature, 11 fertilized. 5dt on 11-15-11 Beta #1 9dp 5dt= 107 Beta#2 331 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Totally. We were cleared at 12w, but still haven't. Oops. We will see what happens. 
    TTC since 2006
    Me: 36 DH: 40
    DH dx azoospermia My dx: RA & AMA
    d-IUI's--6/10, 7/13 & 8/4: all BFN
    d-IVF#1--Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle/Novarel; mini-dose protocol
    ER: 10/25--18R; 14F; ET: 10/28--3dt of 2 embies; 3 blasts frozen
    + HPT 11/4; Beta #1--14dp3dt: 441; Beta #2--21dp3dt: 9298
    One beautiful jelly bean growing! Saw h/b on 11/28 and 12/5!!!
    P/SAIF welcome
    <a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mandalinn/?action=view
  • Options

We haven't had sex in months. I am still freaked out about it and  I am not about to have sex. It cost too much money to make this baby, we can go for a while without having sex!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    I haven't been cleared to have it (was told to hold off until a + test, but we've been in a weird beta limbo)... but YES I am so scared.  And it sucks, because with all of the timing of IVF, stimming, bloating, abstinence during the 2ww, etc., etc. it's already been a long time.  I have a feeling when it comes time I will want to, but be too scared to.  And of course there's my husband's fears as well! 
  • Options
    I feel bad for my DH because I'm not into it at all. With feeling super bloated and scared that I may start spotting and freaking out, I'm avoiding it for the long haul :(
  • Options

yeah i was scared and i knew it was safe for us, but i still didn't want to.  then for my 9th week we were going on a cruise for our anniversary, so i figured what the heck.  it had been 9+ weeks.  (we got pg thru IUI)  3 am the morning we were leaving for our cruise i started bleeding.  we did not have sex and i was so glad that we hadn't or else i knew i would have blamed the bleeding on that. 

while at the ER they did an u/s and everything looked fine.  while on the cruise for our last night i thought what the heck let's do it.  well thank God DH got drunk and passed out and we didn't do it, because like the week before i woke up in the middle of the night to a warm gush and i was bleeding everywhere!  on the floor as i ran to the bathroom, down my leg, turned the toilet water red...etc.  we got home the next day and at 10+2 i was able to hear a heartbeat on my doppler.  as you can see i'm still pg and everything was fine.  but i'm so glad i didn't have sex or i would have been convinced that that's what caused it...and clearly it wasn't. 

• Options
    I must have a sign up that says shop CLOSED! I am almost 12 weeks and we haven't done it. We also has 3 weeks of miscarriage scare and I have had tons of bleeding. DH says with every ER visit he ages 10 years so he basically is an 80 year old now ... lol I don't think it is going to happen until after I give birth. It was too hard getting here and we would always feel like it was our fault if something G-d forbid happens. I really don't think I have clearance to anyway.
    TTC 1/2010 DH Dx - Azoospermia 2/2011
    Hysteroscopy 3/2011 2 Polyps removed 4/2011
    DH on Clomid / Arimidex to address hormonal issues - Sperm found July 2011!
    IVF #1 September 2011 - ER 9/8/2011- 8R, 5M - icsi - 1 made it to transfer - BFFN :-(
    IVF #2 Lucky November 2011 - ER 11/25/2011 - 15 eggs!, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with isci - 7 made it to transfer! Transferred 1 - 8 cell and 2 - 7 cell. BFP!!!!
    1st U/S - Twins! 2nd U/S - 3 heartbeats!!! - HOLY COW!!!
    Prayers for our take home babies!
    2 babies born on 3/27/12 and lost. Last baby born on 3/29/12 and lost at 20 weeks.
    My angels grew wings shortly after birth.
    Ahava Raisel, Matisyahu Nissim & Zev Chaim - Mommy and Daddy will always love you.
    IVF #3 July 2012 - ER 7/17/2012 - 10 R. 5 F. 4 made it to ET
    Transferred 2 on 7/20/2012 no snow babies :-(
    Beta on 7/31/2012 = BFMFN
    A miracle gift expected to come to us through adoption around 9/2012
    Baby girl adopted - Birth Mother changed her mind and took the baby back
    IVF #4 October 2012 - New RE. Doing PGD Testing. 8 R, 7F, 2 made it to 5 day blast for PDG testing. Both Normal (Thank you G-d!!!) 1 boy and 1 girl
    transferred one beautiful 5day blast (girl)
    Please G-d the almighty one - let this be our take home baby!
    Beta #1 158, Beta #2 318, 1 Absolutely magnificent HB at 175! Thank you G-d!!!
    Baby Girl born August 5th. Thank you G-d for our precious miracle.
    AMA. PAIF & SAIF always welcome - I need all the prayers I can get!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I am so early on here, but I have no desire whatsoever for sex.  I am sure we will at some point.  But, with all of our losses and everything it has taken to get pregnant I just don't want to risk anything.  I will also say that since we have been TTC with all the issues and IF and everything sex isn't really something we did a lot of besides when we needed to.  Sad, but true. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"