June 2012 Moms

new crib mattress?

Just wondering how many of you second time moms will be getting a new crib mattress for this baby? I've read that it's a must to have a new mattress for each new baby, but that seems a little excessive to me. Afterall, I highly doubt many, if any, parents 20 - 30 years ago bought a new mattress for every new baby that came along, especially when you think that people used to have 4-6 kids on average. Still, I don't want to put my new baby in danger if it really is a "must".

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: new crib mattress?

• I don't think it's a must, but we will b/c DD will still be in her toddler bed when baby gets here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am not planning on buying a new one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegeauxfrogs:
    I don't think it's a must, but we will b/c DD will still be in her toddler bed when baby gets here.

This.  DD's crib mattress will go into her toddler bed.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've never heard of this before. We got a new mattress when DD was born, but that was just because we got her a new (Ikea) crib and DSs old mattress wouldn't fit. This LO will re-use DDs crib, and we won't be getting a new mattress. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are getting a new one since DS uses his in his toddler bed.  But we would have gotten a new one anyway since DH also read that recommendation somewhere.  I don't think it's really a "must" if the mattress is from your own older child.  It's not a big deal to me either way, but DH is so easy going about everything else that I don't mind following along with this request. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"