Adoption
Options

Is there a list of posters and their adoption processes?

Is there an on-going list of posters and what kind of adoption they're pursuing/where they are in the process?  Sort of like the weekly treatment check-in on the IF board on TN?

Sorry if I have just missed this- I feel like I haven't found a place on this board yet but I would really like to!  So far I've felt like this board has a lot more posters who are doing foster care, foster to adopt or domestic adoption.  I love reading your posts but would also love to connect with some of you who are in the international process like we are.  I know you are out there; I just need to know who you are!

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
SA February 2011: Normal
RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
Court trip October 2012
Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden

Re: Is there a list of posters and their adoption processes?

• Options
    There used to be a monthly check-in post. I did it for a while and then someone took it over when my son came home. Let me dig and see if I can find an old one.
  • Options

Ditto HannaB. There is a master list, and occasionally it's posted for updates, etc. I think there's been a lack of regular activity as far as people's processes are going, so maybe that's why it hasn't been posted? Or someone got busy with other things.

I know there were some international mommas on there, so you are not alone!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We went the international route for Kiddo #1 (home Dec. 2011) and will most likely be starting all over again soon. [I'm already dreading the paperwork...not sure I can do it again right away.]

Our process may or may not be relevant to you as DS is 5 yrs old and has special needs. So, it was a pretty quick and easy process for us once we made the leap. We aren't sure which country we will go with for Kiddo #2 yet!

• Options
    imageSoSweet06:

We went the international route for Kiddo #1 (home Dec. 2011) and will most likely be starting all over again soon. [I'm already dreading the paperwork...not sure I can do it again right away.]

Our process may or may not be relevant to you as DS is 5 yrs old and has special needs. So, it was a pretty quick and easy process for us once we made the leap. We aren't sure which country we will go with for Kiddo #2 yet!

What country is he from?  The boy we're pursuing in Russia has special needs too, so we're hoping our process will go a bit faster b/c we don't have to wait to be matched with a child- we should be matched right away once our dossier is approved. 

Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Adding a Burden
  • Options
    We are waiting to have work done on our home before we begin the process, but our plan is international, Bulgaria to be specific, probably special needs. We cannot do the three visits required for Russian adoptions because of my husband's job.  Do you still have to do three visits for a special needs adoption?
    10/27/07
  • Options

our son is waiting for us in Korea :-) he will be 15 months old next week.... and we CAN'T WAIT to bring him home!! the Korea process is going through some changes, so its taking longer to travel than it used to. we're hoping sometime late spring or summer we'll have him here with us :-)

feel free to page me or PM me with any questions, or if you just want to talk!

• Options

imageChele:
    We are waiting to have work done on our home before we begin the process, but our plan is international, Bulgaria to be specific, probably special needs. We cannot do the three visits required for Russian adoptions because of my husband's job.  Do you still have to do three visits for a special needs adoption?

Yes we still have to do the three. I wish we could skip one!  I am a home daycare provider so I don't get paid when I take leave which is a bummer, but at least I get to be my own boss so I can take the time off when I need it.  DH's job has some flexibility and he has people who can sort of do his job when he's not there, so although it will be tough to make the three trips, we can make it work.

Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Adding a Burden
  • Options
    imagemiss1180:

our son is waiting for us in Korea :-) he will be 15 months old next week.... and we CAN'T WAIT to bring him home!! the Korea process is going through some changes, so its taking longer to travel than it used to. we're hoping sometime late spring or summer we'll have him here with us :-)

feel free to page me or PM me with any questions, or if you just want to talk!

So exciting!  I have a little boy who was adopted from Korea in my daycare (he's almost 4 now and was adopted 2 years ago).  His parents wanted to adopt again, but like you said, with the changes it is getting tougher to adopt from that country.  I hope you get to bring him home soon!  

Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Adding a Burden
  • Options
    Thanks Jillian. Good luck with your journey and welcome to the board!
    10/27/07
  • Options
     Sorry, I just saw this! Our little guy is from Serbia :) Our entire process from initiating home study to arrival home was 8 months, and that was only because the ministry did not process adoptions over the summer and we started in May. Hopefully your wait is VERY quick!
  • Options

imageSoSweet06:
     Sorry, I just saw this! Our little guy is from Serbia :) Our entire process from initiating home study to arrival home was 8 months, and that was only because the ministry did not process adoptions over the summer and we started in May. Hopefully your wait is VERY quick!

That's awesome!!  I hope ours goes quick like that too!  

Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Adding a Burden
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"