September 2011 Moms

Monday Menu...

Received a fair amount of interest in this, so let's see how it goes...

Share your dinner ideas for tonight (or the week) - be prepared to share those recipes :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday Menu...

• Lets see.. This week:

Brisket

Hamburgers

Grilled pork chops

Velvetta grilled sandwiches

Quick and easy Chicken pot pie 

DH got his BBQ pit from storage, can you tell? 

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Tonight I'm making one of my kids favourites....Frenchmen stew.

5 white potatoes (peeled and diced)

2 carrots (peeled and sliced)

2 cups of frozen peas

1 small yellow onion 

3-4 lbs of ground beef

2 cans cream of mushroom soup

1/4 tsp of garlic powder

1/4 tsp of black pepper

1)  Brown ground beef in skillet with onion, garlic powder and black pepper.

2)  Mix 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup with one can of water in large pot.  Bring to boil over medium heat.

3)  Simmer on low heat for 3 minutes.  

4)  Add potatoes, carrots and ground beef.  Simmer until soft.

5)  Add frozen peas and simmer for another 5-8 minutes.

6)  Serve warm

Super easy and tasty...especially on cold winter days.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Sunday: Chicken & biscuits w/ veggies

Monday: Tacos

Tuesday: Tangy slow cooker pork roast, sweet potatoes, peas

Wednesday: Brinner!  Blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit

Thursday: Chicken & veggie stir fry over brown rice

Friday: Leftover pork

Saturday: Spaghetti, salad

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Apple-Maple Glazed Chicken

Ingredients:
    2 bone in chicken breasts
    Salt
    Pepper
    1/4 cup apple juice/apple cider
    1/4 cup maple syrup
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/4 tsp dried thyme
    1/4 tsp dried rosemary

Directions:
    1- Preheat the oven to 350.
    2- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
    3- Pour the apple juice, maple syrup, garlic, thyme, and rosemary into a small saucepan. Heat for about 5 minutes, until the mixture reduces a bit.
    4- Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts and bake 45 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through), basting the chicken with the mixture frequently.

• I believe tonight we are having tuna melts. (tuna salad. (I put canned tuna, mayo, mustard, celery, onion, salt, pepper- all to taste. sorry I don't have an actual recipe I just throw stuff in. then of course put it on bread with cheese and toast like a grilled cheese sandwich) lol don't know if that really needed all that explanation but there you have it.

last night we had super easy pulled chicken sandwiches. (put 2 frozen chicken breasts in crock pot with a small can of chicken broth. cook on low for 6-8 hours. use forks to pull apart/shred. add bbq sauce and serve on buns. easy peasy)

We kind of decide what we are going to have for dinner the morning of that day. so that's all I have for now

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Tonight I am making Jambalaya with kielbasa and a mixed green salad!  Last week I suggested Slow-cooked orange margarita tacos and did not leave the recipe so here it goes.

This is a Sandra Lee recipe

Makes 10 servings

COOK TIME 8 HOURS

Ingredients:

1 medium onion, chopped

? margarita mix with orange liquor added

1 10-pound bone-in pork shoulder picnic

Salt & pepper

1 tablespoon chopped garlic

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1 cup orange marmalade

20 corn tortillas

Directions:

Place the onions and margarita mix and liquor in the bottom of a 5 quart slow cooker. Season the pork roast with salt and pepper. Stir together garlic and soy sauce and rub all over pork. Place the roast in the slow cooker and spoon marmalade over the top. Cover and cook low for 8 hours.

When meat is done remove from slow cooker, let rest for 5 minutes then shred and break up with fork and arrange on a platter. Strain the sauce and stir one cup into the shredded pork.

Warm up the tortillas in a 250 degree oven or microwave ( we actually fried ours in vegetable oil)

Red cabbage slaw

Shred the cabbage and add cilantro,2 chopped jalape?o, 1/2 chopped red onion, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the juice of 2 limes, 3 tablespoons of white vinegar, a pinch of sugar and salt to taste

Place pork inside the tortilla, top with red cabbage slaw and jack cheese

With the left over pork we bought STUBBS spicy BBQ sauce and mixed it together. I went to the bakery and got two big dinner rolls and made pulled pork sandwiches!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Tonight we're having biscuits and gravy.  Super easy-I just add browned Italian sausage to white pepper gravy mix and serve over frozen Pillsbury southern style buttemilk biscuits.  Not the healthiest but fast and really good.

• something from the freezer, probably meatballs w/spaghetti

pot roast in the crockpot (I just use a season packet from the store)  with carrots and onions in the cp and mashed potatoes on the side.  I used to put potatoes in the cp too but discovered I like it better with mashed.

trying a new recipe on Wednesday:  sweet and sour pork that I'll serve with rice

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/sweet-and-sour-pork-recipe/index.html

• imagefaupanda:
    imageTinaL99:

Sunday: Chicken & biscuits w/ veggies

Do you have a recipe for this? Sounds yummy! 

Sorry, it's leftovers from my parents house!  I just made bisquick biscuits to go with it.  When I make it I just boil 2 chicken breasts, shred them and add them to some chicken gravy. 

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • imagebabyAutumn:

Tonight I'm making one of my kids favourites....Frenchmen stew.

2 cups of frozen peas

1 small yellow onion 

3-4 lbs of ground beef

1/4 tsp of garlic powder

1/4 tsp of black pepper

2)  Mix 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup with one can of water in large pot.  Bring to boil over medium heat.

6)  Serve warm

Adding these ingredients to the list, DH would love this!  Have you ever subbed the peas for corn? 

• Attempting this tonight, looks super easy :)

https://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-chicken-parmesan-3/Detail.aspx 

• I'm actually having Crockpot Chicken someone recommended last week tonight, but I'm eating leftover chicken and rice which I love!

Chicken and Rice 

Ingredients:

• Chicken Breast
    • Bacon
    • 2 cans Cream of Mushroom
    • 2 cans Cream of Celery
    • Milk (2 cans)
    • Sour Cream (16 oz)
    • WHite Rice

Prep:

• Cook bacon and set aside, cook chicken on stove - season with LOTS of garlic salt and pepper
    • mix soup and milk in seperate bowl
    • put chick and torn up bacon in bottom of crockpot, pour soup over
    • stir after 1 hour
    • add sour cream one hour before serving
    • Serve over rice

Yum!

If you do light sour cream and the heart healthy soups, its not tooo bad in terms of calories

• Blackened Tilapia, rice and mashed rutabaga tonight. I'm not sure about the rest of the week yet. I really should plan a week's worth of meals but I haven't done so yet.
  • Tonight: Lasagna Roll Ups

Tues: Taco Soup

Wed: Roasted Cornish Game Hens with Lemon and Thyme

off the hook for dinner on Thurs, Fri, and Sat.

• DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• We're having pretty boring meals this week..

Tonight: Baked Chicken (using the new kraft Fresh Take mix), salad, and parmesan cauliflower

Tuesday: Brats with hungarian hot peppers (we stuff them with string cheese and grill them then put them on the brat)

Wednesday: Potato Soup and Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches

Thursday: Chicken Cordon Bleu

• Tonight: Chicken enchilladas

Tuesday: Tacos/ Taco salad

Wednesday: Calzones for the boys, leftover chicken chili for me

Thursday: Orange chicken

Friday: Italian sausage and sun dried tomato pasta

Saturday: chicken pitas

• https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/veg-head-three-bean-chili-recipe/index.html

Pulling some of this out of the freezer. When I made it, I put about half a pound of ground sirloin in bc it had to be used. I'll top with cheddar and Greek yogurt.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Chicken/Brocoli Calzone

3 chicken breasts chopped up/garlic powder/salt/peper/bag of frozen broc

Cook in a skillet.

Wheat dough

After it's cooked, roll out dough, add some motz cheese and chicken and broc,  make a calzone.  Bake for about 20 mins till dough is cooked.  It's awesome and easy!

Happily Married - Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJKGymnast:

Apple-Maple Glazed Chicken

Ingredients:
    2 bone in chicken breasts
    Salt
    Pepper
    1/4 cup apple juice/apple cider
    1/4 cup maple syrup
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/4 tsp dried thyme
    1/4 tsp dried rosemary

Directions:
    1- Preheat the oven to 350.
    2- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
    3- Pour the apple juice, maple syrup, garlic, thyme, and rosemary into a small saucepan. Heat for about 5 minutes, until the mixture reduces a bit.
    4- Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts and bake 45 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through), basting the chicken with the mixture frequently.

This sounds so good!!  I think I might try it tomorrow...thanks for the recipe! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagehoot179:
    imagebabyAutumn:

Tonight I'm making one of my kids favourites....Frenchmen stew.

2 cups of frozen peas

1 small yellow onion 

3-4 lbs of ground beef

1/4 tsp of garlic powder

1/4 tsp of black pepper

6)  Serve warm

Adding these ingredients to the list, DH would love this!  Have you ever subbed the peas for corn? 

No but I just might the next time...it does sound good! 

• Had bacon and eggs with toast and hashbrowns tonight. Tomorrow I will be making garlic creamcheese stuffed into chicken breasts and wrapped in bacon...o.m.g....if you want the recipe, check out my pinterest under favorite recipes.
  • Great post, Hoot! These sound delicious!
  • Thanks to pintrest I have some new menu items...

Last night was Crock Pot Split Pea Soup

16oz Split Peas

1 ham steak

couple chopped carrots

chopped onion

garlic 

6 cups of chicken broth

low 8 hours-it was YUM YUM

Beef-Stuffed Crescents Recipe Rattle snake bites on Thursday-15 40  1 pound ground beef1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed1/4 teaspoon ground cumin1/4 teaspoon chili powder3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls In a large skillet, cook beef and chilies over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cream cheese, cumin and chili powder. Cool slightly. Separate crescent dough into 24 triangles. Place 1 tablespoon of beef mixture along the short end of each triangle; carefully roll up. Place point side down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375? for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.

• imagePoppymama:
    Had bacon and eggs with toast and hashbrowns tonight. Tomorrow I will be making garlic creamcheese stuffed into chicken breasts and wrapped in bacon...o.m.g....if you want the recipe, check out my pinterest under favorite recipes.

following :) 

• imagefaupanda:
    imagehoot179:

imagePoppymama:
    Had bacon and eggs with toast and hashbrowns tonight. Tomorrow I will be making garlic creamcheese stuffed into chicken breasts and wrapped in bacon...o.m.g....if you want the recipe, check out my pinterest under favorite recipes.

following :) 

me too :) 

Yay! I was wondering if anyone would ever follow me, lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"