March 2012 Moms

2+ moms - rec your nursing bra

I suppose I should invest in a couple of these to pack in my hospital bag. Which ones do you like??

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

Re: 2+ moms - rec your nursing bra

• I got a couple motherhood brand and a couple VS.  honestly you have to just go try on a million and see what's comfortable.  I dont't recommend buying from the motherhood store though since they don't allow returns. Macy's carries all motherhood stuff and you can return it if you have to
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a FTM too but I wanna try the Bravado ones. I keep hearing good things.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • i never had luck with any of the in-store brands, but I was a very tough fit.  my ultimate favorite go to was the bravado bodysilk seamless.  it worked in the early days and later on.  i could wear it under work clothes or under t shirts no problem.  my other favorite was hotmilk.
  • I just got the ones from Target - Gillian O'Malley I think.  They worked fine for me and the price was right.  They probably aren't the best quality, but they lasted as long as I needed them to.  I also liked the nursing tank tops from Target.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At the hospital, honestly, you might not want anything to restrict you. Consider a nursing sleep bra - it's comfortable no matter what size your boobs are, and it's a little less snug for a potentially swollen ribcage. I'm only packing nursing tanks from Target, so my belly doesnt get cold while I'm nursing. I'm also packing a flowy sweater that opens in the front - hospitals are chilly, especially when you're sweating up a storm.

For your life post birth, I would still stick with the nursing sleep bra for nursing tank - they are roomy for boobs of changing shape, size and firmness. If you need to wear a bra, I would recommend a couple of Motherhood ones and maybe splurge on one Bravado (love the wireless one, shocking enough).

HTH!

• When I was nursing, I wanted/needed my boobs supported by a bra at.all.times.  There was no way I would even sleep without a bra on the entire year I nursed.  I had the best luck with the Target Gillian OMalley brand.  They arent cute, but they're comfortable and they hold up well. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I also wore a bra all the time except in the shower for the entire year that I was nursing.  Sleeping bras from Target at night and during the day I liked these best:  https://www.amazon.com/Elle-Macpherson-Intimates-Maternelle-Maternity/dp/B00065TDM0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328061818&sr=8-1

Super comfortable and pretty cute.

I also got a Bravado bra that I spent a lot on and hated, but maybe the sizing was off.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers1 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • For a cheap bra, the Target one is the way to go.  But, for a good nursing bra, Bravado is the way to go.  I've used both, and I prefer the Bravado ones.

If you plan to pump, a hands free pumping bra is also a must have unless you get the freestyle. 

• I love the Bravado ones too. Started with Target ones but upgraded. Will only use the Bravado ones this time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagekel716:

But, for a good nursing bra, Bravado is the way to go. 

I bought one of these as I was leaving the hospital (emergency c-section + 8 day hospital stay + milk coming in = bra I wore to the hospital not fitting) and I couldn't send DH to the store to figure out what size to get me. It was pretty pricey compared to other nursing bras I've seen but it is comfortable and unhooks easily for BFing/pumping so no complaints here. The bras were also available in pretty decent sizes so that the one I purchased will fit me when my milk fully comes in and still be comfortable, which it is even now. I wouldn't recommend buying too many bras before you go into the hospital though because you won't know what size you're going to end up and your breasts will change size and shape as your colostrum and milk phase in and out. I'd probably get one bra that will accommodate you as you get bigger and grab a handful of nursing tank tops, then shop later once you're sure of what size you'll be!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"