Success after IF

Does this sound right to you? Got a call back from the nurse re Ava

I explained everything. Ava not really drinking her bottles, but she is eating her solids.  Nurse said to stop the solids for the next day and just offer her the bottles since the bottle is more important for her than the food.   I knew that, but I feel so bad withholding food from her.   Nurse thinks that perhaps she is filling up on food and therefore not wanting her bottles.   She said if Ava is still not 100% by Thursday, then to bring her in.   So WWSAIFD?  No solids tomorrow and just offer bottles? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does this sound right to you? Got a call back from the nurse re Ava

• Yes, that's what I'd do. I'm a firm proponent of solids at this age being mostly for practice not primary nutrition and I've found on days Boodle eats more solids she will eat less of her bottles too (although she always hates bottles, LOL). But the nutrition in her BM/formula is more important than the solids so I'd at least try and see if that helps.
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • My thought is that I would not withhold solids.  If she wants to eat solids then it seems mean not to allow it, especially since she has wet and dirty diapers and there is not fear of dehydration.  I think I would only half follow the pedi's advice and would give a limited amount of solids.   

• Loading the player...
  • imageschmoodle:
    Yes, that's what I'd do. I'm a firm proponent of solids at this age being mostly for practice not primary nutrition and I've found on days Boodle eats more solids she will eat less of her bottles too (although she always hates bottles, LOL). But the nutrition in her BM/formula is more important than the solids so I'd at least try and see if that helps.

Thanks. 

• I wouldn't necessarily stop the solids.  But, I would offer the bottle first.  So, at whatever time you'd sit down for a solid meal, just do the bottle first. Then offer solids.   
    After THREE years, our IVF miracle is here!!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageMagoy:
    I wouldn't necessarily stop the solids.  But, I would offer the bottle first.  So, at whatever time you'd sit down for a solid meal, just do the bottle first. Then offer solids.   

That's what I've been doing.  

7:30am bottle

8:00- breakfast

12:00- lunch

1:30- bottle (okay so this reversed but she always sleeps thru her 11 bottle and I use the 1:30 bottle to put her down for her nap)

4:30- bottle

5:30ish dinner

7:00/7:30 bottle

• I thought there were other concerns besides her not drinking her bottle?

• Maybe give her a bottle before lunch and also try to give her more volume in the morning?  If she won't drink more with this method, then maybe it is her ears, etc.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"