March 2012 Moms
Options

s/o Nursing Clothes: Sizing

This month I'm planning to get a some nursing clothes as obviously I'll need something on hand for the hospital bag and for the first weeks after.  The things I've read or heard suggest that you can expect to grow a cup size or 2 when your milk comes in.  The women at the La Leche group I've attended a couple times suggested not buying a ton of nursing clothes/bras until the milk supply (and boob size) regulate a little. 

Currently I'm thinking of getting a couple of nursing tanks and a few sports bras for the early days, but what size should I get?  Pre-preg I was a full C cup, currently I'm wearing a D, so should I start with DD?  What size and how many nursing clothing items are you getting now to start with?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: s/o Nursing Clothes: Sizing

• Options

Your boobs are huge at first as your milk comes in and regulates but then go down a bit.  I wouldn't buy too much nursing stuff yet until you find your comfort level (size, how you prefer to nurse, etc)

I wouldn't plan on getting sports bras, those are a pain to nurse in!  Just grab a couple of nursing tanks and a couple nursing bras in the size you are now.  The nursing tanks and bras are stretchy enough to accomodate your larger size when you are engorged but you arent really oversized for very long at least not long enough to justify buying a seperate size.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree on not getting a sports bra.  They can actually prohibit you from producing the milk that you could because they put compression on your chest.  I would get a couple nursing tanks in the size you are now.  I got some at Target (which are on sale this week) in the size I am now.  They are sized S, M, L, etc so you will probably get your right size.  Also make sure the nursing bras that you get do not have an underwire because that can also inhibit your production of milk.  At least that's what they told us in our breastfeeding class that we took when I was pregnant with DD.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I left the hospital after having my boys owning three nursing tanks and one nursing bra. I bought the bra to fit so it will accommodate me going up a full size but is comfortable now in the meantime. The nursing tank tops are some what of a pain in the butt to wear, but they will definitely fit me when I go up and are much easier to pump with than the bra considering the fact that I only have to unhook a flap of material instead of having to take my shirt off. Other than those items I'm going to wait until a while after my milk has finished coming in to buy anything else. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"