April 2012 Moms
Options

Baby measuring small?

Had my 30 week appointment today, and the doctor said the baby is measuring small.  I have an ultrasound tomorrow to check on growth- anyone have any experience with this?!  I'm trying not to freak out-   I know the ultrasound will give WAY more info, and I know I can't really know anything until then, but definitely would like to know my little girl is just fine!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby measuring small?

• Options
    Based on fundal height, I'm measuring behind, but every u/s I've had, her development has been right on schedule. My midwives think that she's probably just physically small.
    -------------------------------------
  • Options
    The moms on the multiples board are always pointing out that the weight estimates based on ultrasound are not exactly 100% reliable, sometimes off by as much as 2 lbs. At my last US, one of my girls was measuring slightly ahead of schedule and the other slightly behind. The docs aren't concerned yet. It sounds like you're getting good care, and if your doctor sees a reason to be concerned, I'm sure he or she will let you know.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have elevated hcg so since week 12 have known that my baby could be on the small side. At 32 weeks I get a growth u/s.  He could be measuring normal or small, but I'll know either way. Since you are having an u/s I wouldn't worry. At least you will know before if he/she will be small.
    Baby #2 is on the way!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby #1!
    Charles Edward 4/13/12 
    9 lbs 2 oz 22 & 3/4 inches
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've been going back and forth on the baby's size for the past two months.  When they did my first anatomy scan the high risk doctor said she was a little small.  At first I took it to mean her age and then I over thought it and got worried that it ment size.  I asked my regular OB and she said it was the first.  The next month I saw the midwife at the OBs office and she told me that I had to gain more weight that the baby was too small.  Two weeks later I went back to the high risk doctor and was told that the baby was measuring a week small.  This got me a little scared and so mentioned it to the doctor.  She said I was small so therefore the baby was likely to be small and not to worry.  I wonder what tomorrow's OB appt will bring????

Just so you know what they will be looking for is if your baby is measure consistantly.  Her stomach measurements and head measurements should be at the same stage of developement.  I don't think it is unusual to have a baby that measures smaller then the estimated due date.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My fundal height has been measuring a week off. We had an u/s last Friday and baby was measuring small too. His arms, legs, and head were about a week small (measuring 28 wks), but his abdomen was 2-3 (26 wks) weeks smaller. I go back for another u/s at the end of Feb to see if it's caught up. Other than the belly issue, they say its okay that he's small - I'm small, so I'm just having a small baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"