Stay at Home Moms

Days like today...

I feel pretty darn blessed to stay home with my son. It is 50 degrees and sunny, which is rare in Wisconsin for this time of year, so I blew off the gym and took DS to the zoo instead. We had a great time soaking up some sun and visiting the animals. I feel so lucky that I have the freedom to do stuff like this. It reminds me of what one of my older neighbor ladies said once, "You will never regret not working, they are only young for such a short time."
BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Days like today...

• imagektsnshn:
    I feel pretty darn blessed to stay homewith my son. It is 50 degrees and sunny, which is rare in Wisconsin for this time of year, so I blew off the gym and took DS to the zoo instead. We had a great time soaking up some sun and visiting the animals. I feel so lucky that I have the freedom to do stuff like this. It reminds me of what one of my older neighbor ladies said once, "You will never regret not working, they are only young for such a short time."

Yes Along those lines, DH got some time off, so we are taking a last minute trip to San Diego next week! I love that we don't have to work around 2 work schedules and can be so spontaneous. 

DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like a great day! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been feeling like this since I had my son. He is still young so it's mainly feeding and changing diapers, but I really appreciate being with him all day. Even when I feel like I can't hold my eyes open any more, I don't want to miss a thing. He's growing so fast already!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagezhsm6:
    I've been feeling like this since I had my son. He is still young so it's mainly feeding and changing diapers, but I really appreciate being with him all day. Even when I feel like I can't hold my eyes open any more, I don't want to miss a thing. He's growing so fast already!

He is so precious!  Congrats!  Smile

ETA: I hope that didn't sound creepy.  I just love your sig pic, and it feels like it's been a really long time since DD was that tiny. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • having a VERY similar day today-

These are the days that SAH really rocks- the kids burned off a TON of energy- both kids napped- I rocked out a ton of things I needed done- got a chance to sit down and catch my breath-

Totally rocked today.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Yay for all of us!

I am having a great day today too.

Decided to pick up some apples to make an apple crisp while grocery shopping with the LOs today.  They ate a HUGE lunch which is always a plus.  DS was so cuddly before his nap which never happens.  After DD got up from her (non) nap I made the apple crisp while she munched on some of the apple slices.  I'm grateful because none of that would have happened if I wasn't SAH.

And as I was writing this post, DH texted that he is on his way home from work a little early!  Bonus!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • That is so great, glad you got out and had a fun day! I love days like that too. Definitely have my share of please let me go back to work days, but this type is the best, and really does make it all worth it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree! We are having great weather here too.(I am in PA not KY). We spent 2 hours at the park and played in the yard at home for a couple hours total today. It's been great. My kids don't nap anymore but we skipped quiet time. I will give them a bath before dinner and I am hoping they will both be asleep by 8. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Had a similar thought today too. It's really warm here for Jan and I took DS to the park. I was just thinking how I'd feel if I was still working and was stuck at my desk wishing I could be at the park with DS.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Im in Chicago, and we had gorgeous weather too. I walked DD to school, walked to pick her up, and played at the park for an hour. I love love days like today. Makes me love SAH and can't wait for the great weather. 
    Andrea 7/9/08, Joaquin 4/18/11, boy coming 12/18/13 Forever missed: Gabriel 11/24/09 at 20 weeks
  • imageWebbie3:

imagezhsm6:
    I've been feeling like this since I had my son. He is still young so it's mainly feeding and changing diapers, but I really appreciate being with him all day. Even when I feel like I can't hold my eyes open any more, I don't want to miss a thing. He's growing so fast already!

He is so precious!  Congrats!  Smile

ETA: I hope that didn't sound creepy.  I just love your sig pic, and it feels like it's been a really long time since DD was that tiny. 

Not creepy at all! Thank you, I think he's pretty precious myself :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"