Success after IF

Recommend your baby jail

*sigh*

It might be time to consider one.

DD will often play well by herself.  But since my kitchen is totally closed off, I can't let her play where all the toys are and still, ie, clean up the lunch dishes.  (I do sometimes bring her in the kitchen but we end up tripping all over each other.) 

Would prefer something not huge or expensive, that I can buy in-store, and that goes up and down easily so that I can put it up for her when DS naps, then take it down and store it elsewhere.

Not picky, am I? ;) 

Re: Recommend your baby jail

• Well, we use a pack and play for DD - but she is not a huge fan.  That pretty much meets all of your requirements.  What my DD prefers is one of these: https://www.amazon.com/North-States-Superyard-Play-Classic/dp/B00020L78M

However, it is bigger than the pnp (probably why she likes it better), and kind of a pain set up and take down multiple times a day.  When we set it up, it stays up until the cleaning people are coming Wink  Also DS likes to play in there, too.  So they both like it in there, but it is kind of a pain to set it up - which is why the pnp has become our "jail" of choice!  

Good luck choosing.   

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ditto on the super yard. It was our baby jail of choice. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have that play yard but I don't think I would recommend it for what you need.  Ours is in the basement and it is attached to support beams to keep it in place.  He would just push it where he wanted to go or knock it down if it wasn't secured to something.  We also have foam mats on the floor.  Not at all easy to put up and down.  A pack n play or tripping over her are your best bets.

Do you have a video monitor?  Maybe you could set that up in the living room?  I have a gate and can see into the living room.  But he actually has always entertained himself better if he forgets I'm there.  He'd probably last a really long time if he couldn't see me!

TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a play yard but have only used it so far to block off the christmas tree.  I didn't find it hard to put up or take down.  When he starts to crawl I will probably set it up in the corner of our family room for all the time play and just leave it open and only close it when I need to leave the room.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LMAO right now at the title of your post!!!

We are big fans of the super play yard.  It's very effective, folds easily and can be used indoors and outdoors.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a Delta play pen and it's a lifesaver - I'll never understand why people are so against them...it's just a bigger pack and play, really.  She learns to play by herself while I get things done around the house...and I know she's safe.  Mine cost about $80 (on clearance from BRU) and is easily collapsable.  We use it outside by the pool and inside too.
    PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"