TTC after 35
Options

Please recommend your prenatal vitamin

Every single one makes me nauseous, even when taken on a full stomach or at night. Help! 
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Please recommend your prenatal vitamin

• Options
    I take Prenate.  It's a prescription.  Ask your dr for a sample to see if you'll tolerate it.  I also take DHA in gummies from Target.  Very yummy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I get mine via Rx from a local pharmacy (Meijer) which has a free prenatal program for generics.  They are called Triveen & are gel caps w/DHA & 1.2 mcg folic acid.

**Oops. Thought I was on PG>35  (I'm a TTC>35 grad though). Please excuse the siggy.**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I take the prenatal vitamins with iron from GNC love them!
  • Options

I was taking the ones that were prescribed by my doc, forgot the name of them... but they made me a little queasy. Now I'm on the OTC ones from Rite Aid, with no problems. 

Do regular multivitamins make you nauseous? If not, check with your doc... you may be OK taking a multi and adding in a folic acid supplement.

Some of the women's multis actually have folic in them, I noticed that last week while obsessing over labels at the pharmacy, haha! 

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Beat stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma May 2011, YEAH!!!

BFP 3/30/12, with fingers and toes all crossed.

AMA (37) + GD = HR, grr.

EDD 12.12.12

• Options

Got a huge bottle of Vitafushion Gummy vitamins at Sam's club.  I love these vitamins, as I don't have to worry about food with them and don't even need a glass of water.  Never thought I'd go the gummy route, but I'm sold!

TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    I take DuetDHA, my sister in law works for a gyn, she said this is the best out there, she took it and so as the gyn herself.  I have been taking them for few months and I feel pretty good.  No negative effect on me.
  • Options
    I take NeevoDHA. They are prescription. My RE prescribed them. They don't make me nauseous at all. They have iron in them so you may need some additional fiber to keep things moving if you know what I mean.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    Take children's chewable or gummy vitamins, my SIL is a Labor Nurse and she told me to take those. They don't cost as much and easier on your tummy.
  • Options
    I take Citra Natal Assure w/DHA (prescription)...it's one a day and really easy on my sensitive stomach...they taste like vanilla when I initially put them in my mouth...go figure! They specifically say "gentle on baby and mother" on the box.

• Options
    My RE gave me samples of CitraNatal Harmony, but I am afraid to take them because vitamins typically make me nauseous.  I am currently taking the Vitafusion prenatal gummies with no problems.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Options
    imageBrosis:

I get mine via Rx from a local pharmacy (Meijer) which has a free prenatal program for generics.  They are called Triveen & are gel caps w/DHA & 1.2 mcg folic acid.

**Oops. Thought I was on PG>35  (I'm a TTC>35 grad though). Please excuse the siggy.**

My OBGYN gave me an RX for these.  I am have very sensitive stomach and have not had any problems with these.  I take them at lunch.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I purchased the Vitafusion Prenatal Gummies last night and I LOVE THEM!! Thanks ladies! 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"