Breastfeeding

Bra question.

Hi! 
So I'm a FTM hoping to breastfeed.  At this time I've had pretty much nada in the boobage development department and I've been told not to worry, milk will come in and life will be great.  OK, fine.  But I have no idea what to do for a bra when the milk does come in. 
I'm an A cup, still able to wear my pre-pregnancy bras.  I would prefer not to have to trek out to buy a bra right after the baby is born, so would a nursing tank do the job?  

Any suggestions welcome.  :) 
Me and my Kiwi, both 38.  We struggled with RPL and were blessed with Micah.  I'm a full custody stepmom to Ethan!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image     image

Re: Bra question.

• I think you will be fine with the nursing tank. I'm not very busty, I'm a B cup, and I feel comfortable wearing the nursing tank without a bra.

I bought this nursing, sleep bra when I was pregnant plus had a nursing tank. Then after my milk came in, I went and bought a few more bras. It worked for me.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I hope to be a first timer to breastfeeding, so I don't know how helpful I am, but I'm also very small chested.  With my other 2 kids, I bought basic inexpensive nursing bras from Target, just for the support.  They worked great for when I was engorged.  I don't know how much bigger I'll get (if at all) when I breastfeed, but I'm going to use those at first and get nursing tanks, too.  I'll just go from there as needed. 
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Nursing tanks are great! I've heard its recommended not to buy a bra too soon anyway because your size could change as your body adjusts to breastfeeding. I practically live in nursing tanks, even now, almost 6 months later. I also like sleep bras, they will stretch to be a little bigger if necessary. I bought a couple at kohl's that are soft, stretchy and cross over the front. They look like nursing sleep bras.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• ns1ns1 member

imageTigerlilym15:
    Nursing tanks are great! I've heard its recommended not to buy a bra too soon anyway because your size could change as your body adjusts to breastfeeding. I practically live in nursing tanks, even now, almost 6 months later. I also like sleep bras, they will stretch to be a little bigger if necessary. I bought a couple at kohl's that are soft, stretchy and cross over the front. They look like nursing sleep bras.

This!  I live in them too!  They are my bras until I stop bf'ing!  And I wore them in the hospital right after DD was born.   

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'd get a nursing tank. You can find them pretty cheap at Target. If you end up wanting a bra, you can go get one after a few weeks pp once your supply has regulated and you know what size you need.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"