June 2012 Moms
Options

No Bump=Upset

Tomorrow I will be 21 weeks and I still have no bump. My stomach has change shape a bit, but it hasn't gotten bigger. Standing next to me you would never know I was in the second half of my pregnancy.

I know being a ftm you show later. However when HDBD rolls around and I see other moms and ftm with big and obvious bumps I find it upsetting and frustrating.

I thought for sure I would be showing now, it makes me wonder how much longer until I finally do start to show.

Other than my breasts being slighly bigger I am the same as I was before I got pregnant.

I have my next appointment tomorrow and I guess it would be a good idea to bring up my concerns so I can put my mind to ease.

I'm sure later on I will regret this.

Thanks for listening.

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: No Bump=Upset

• Options
    I am exactly the same as you - same problem, same due date, everything.  It'll happen at some point, and maybe we'll be lucky and have it easier than them later on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageAndromedaEclipse:
    I am exactly the same as you - same problem, same due date, everything.  It'll happen at some point, and maybe we'll be lucky and have it easier than them later on.

I sure hope so..either that or fear I am very quickly going to get huge at the end

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually had the same concern - so when I saw my doctor at 19 weeks, I brought it up. She said the same thing you had suspected...everything was fine and that eventually, it will come. She said that based on my frame (I'm on the tall and slender side) - that my belly will grow more upward, toward my chest, before the bump pops out. I had good abs to begin with - so she said that my abs are doing a good job keeping everything pretty packaged in for now - but eventually, it will just be too much and my abdominal wall will just "give up"...and the bump will show. So, I was the same way. First, I just wanted to make sure baby was a-ok in there...and second, I really want it to look like I'm pregnant and not just like I've had one too many beers. ;) Hang in there, it will come.
  • Options
    I guess the grass is always greener!  This is my 4th and I've only gained 6lbs but feel huge!  Wish I could trade with you :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am the exact same and it's even more pathetic when other people ask when my bump is going to show!!  the only thing they notice is that my "ta-tas" have grown! lol

I'm trying to be positive about it, in that the baby's healthy, I'm doing great, and at least this means less stresses and uncomfortable weight on my body. And i agree, i'm sure we'll be complaining later on, but i get how it sucks since "the bump" is what makes it really.... well, that you're pregnant!

I'm sure you can see something, maybe we'll have a growth spurt overnight!  I look forward to seeing your HDBD tomorrow ;)

• Options

I feel the same way! I unfortunately started with a bigger belly so I figured it would take some time to see something, I was just hoping to feel something before now. The one thing I can tell you is when I lay down I can see/feel a difference. Instead of the belly going to the sides (like most do when you lay down) mine stay up, it doesn't go flat. I can feel were the uterus is when I lay down flat too, which I can't really do when I'm standing up.

I was not huge before, definitely over weight and I carried most of it in my belly so I'm just hoping it will all round out for me. In the meantime however, I feel extremely bloated and it is uncomfortable to walk, which I think is fun considered I don't think my stomach has changed at all!

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I feel the same as you! I'm 19 weeks and you'd never even know I was pregnant. 
    Its not fair that my friend who is also about to be a FTM is noticeably showing and she's only 10 weeks! I'm so jealous. I'd rather look pregnant that just fat!
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant TickerBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I had the same concern...And it was like overnight...I popped! You will soon enough!
  • Options
    imagelpichach:

I am the exact same and it's even more pathetic when other people ask when my bump is going to show!!  the only thing they notice is that my "ta-tas" have grown! lol

I'm trying to be positive about it, in that the baby's healthy, I'm doing great, and at least this means less stresses and uncomfortable weight on my body. And i agree, i'm sure we'll be complaining later on, but i get how it sucks since "the bump" is what makes it really.... well, that you're pregnant!

I'm sure you can see something, maybe we'll have a growth spurt overnight!  I look forward to seeing your HDBD tomorrow ;)

Yep. On fb, I posted a picture of my 19 week bump & the only thing someone could comment on was the size of my boobs. Nice, right? I hope we all get ours soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't "pop" with my first until I was 25 weeks or so. About 23 weeks with my 2nd. And I'm at 20 weeks now and people still can't tell I'm pregnant. As long as baby inside of you is healthy, who cares how you look on the outside? At least you aren't getting asked if you're having twins. Besides if you have a smaller belly, just think about how less likely you are to have stretch marks. 
    Photobucket Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy%20ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"