Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

super bowl party etiquette ?

Generally speaking, No you can not have a super bowl party/invite people over and tell them they have to leave at half time.

BUT

I'm thinking of asking our parents (both sides) if they want to come by to watch game but I don't want people to stay late (becuase I might not even stay up for the whole thing) Can I invite our parents but only till half time!?

...we were invited to our friends house but I'm iffy on going over there. I know many people are going to be smoking (and although the homeowner said if we bring LO there will be no smoking till he leaves.... which I appreciate) but still I think I'd rather just stay home. It's just more fun being around a few other people vs just sitting at home with DH and LO

Re: super bowl party etiquette ?

• I think this would most definitely fly with both of our parents.

I am kinda over super bowl parties. I actually enjoy watching the game, and alot of the time the other women just want to talk and what not, and then I end up not watching it at all. I think we may go over to DH's grandfather's and watch it with other family, so maybe that won't be as bad.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagehaleyjean84:

I think this would most definitely fly with both of our parents.

I am kinda over super bowl parties. I actually enjoy watching the game, and alot of the time the other women just want to talk and what not, and then I end up not watching it at all. I think we may go over to DH's grandfather's and watch it with other family, so maybe that won't be as bad.

I think it'd be ok. I think both our parents would probably want to be in bed pretty early. I know my parents don't care at all about the game. I'm almost afraid getting my mom and his mom together would cause "the woman talking" and I'd have to tell them to zip it, and stop gossiping. Not really.... but I'm thinking Ugh, would they leave or would they hang out and chat with eachother.

It really is a blessing to have parents that get along... But man. Sometimes they just linger too long.

• Loading the player...
  • I could totally tell my mom this and not have her be upset. DH's parents aren't a problem bc they wouldn't stay out past about 8 pm anyway. LOL

So no, I don't think it's bad if you invite them over and tell them/strongly hint that half time is bed time.

We were invited to a big party with DD and I dont want to go. I actually want to watch the game and not get stuck talking to the other women and chasing DD around someone else's house myself while DH sits and relaxes. I know DH wants to invite his parents over, but I don't want them here either bc then I have to clean my house, get food etc. I just want to be in my own house and watch the game with DH and DD.

• imageheckysue:
    I wouldn't personally tell them they were "kicked out" at half time but that depends a lot on your relationship.  I'd just put DS to bed, curl back up on the couch in front of the TV with a blanekt, and tell them not to be offended if I doze off before the end of the game.

This. While I don't think my mom or ILs would mind being kicked out I would rather just go to sleep when I needed to  

i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"