August 2012 Moms

What's in your maternity closet?

I'm starting to buy maternity clothes when I find good deals. 

I've purchased 2 tank tops, 1 tshirt, target be band and then 2 pairs of the Forever 21 maternity leggings.

I have some non maternity clothes I'm hoping to still wear - 3 pairs of work pants with elastic waists, a few pairs of leggings and some dresses.

What else should I consider adding to my maternity closet? I know it's still maybe a little earlier - but I hate to pass up on good deals.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What's in your maternity closet?

• My girlfriend gave me two pairs of leggings and a bella band - that's about it for me right now!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Depending on your size and how you grow, you probably won't NEED maternity clothes until the last few of months (ie - summer clothes). With my last, I was able to make most of my own wardrobe work for about the first 6 months (improvising with leggings, the bella band, etc). So in my opinion, don't stock up on sweaters or anything like that. Keep an eye out for short sleeves, dresses, anything light. Don't waste the money unless you absolutely have to, is my 2 cents.

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • Loading the player...
  • I started checking out resale maternity and retail maternity stores last week.  Found some great tops at the resale and REALLY comfy underwear at the retail store.
  • Im always looking for extra long, stretchy tank tops and "fly away" sweaters and cardigans. With my first I preferred to wear a tight tank and then a sweater or cardigan with a cute necklace or accessory. I felt like a lot of the maternity tops just made me look big, not pregnant. Empire waist dresses with tights and boots are also pretty comfortable and easy to find in regular stores. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i have a few sweater dresses and leggings, a pair of chords and jeans from the first pregnancy... making my work pants strech by using a safety pin instead of top button since i can't use the bband...

probably going out this weekend to find some dress and legging combos.

10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • imagemeaknigh:
    Depending on your size and how you grow, you probably won't NEED maternity clothes until the last few of months (ie - summer clothes). With my last, I was able to make most of my own wardrobe work for about the first 6 months (improvising with leggings, the bella band, etc). So in my opinion, don't stock up on sweaters or anything like that. Keep an eye out for short sleeves, dresses, anything light. Don't waste the money unless you absolutely have to, is my 2 cents.

This is my first so I do not know, but I think this seems to make a lot of sense! Im going to be on the hunt for summery dresses! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have 2 maternity tanks and 1 maternity tee that I got on sale, but they are items I am likely to wear even now belted or something. I've also been trying to buy loooong tank tops, which are great in general as I'm tall. I have several dresses in my closet that can probably double as maternity, and I'll be wanting to add to them in regular sizes if I can still fit in them toward the end. I have the DIY maternity band that I posted about below, and I'll likely make more of them if they work out to extend my work pants. I just ordered the awesome deal maternity skinnies that marthafocker posted about below. Since I'll be big in summer, I'm kinda hoping that one pair of jeans will be enough. I have a regular pair of jeggings that seem like they'll work a good long while as well.

Long story short - I want as much as possible of what I buy to do double duty in my real life. When I get big, I plan to bring my same pre-pg sized sister with me to show me how things look on a regular person. :)

My blog
  • 90% of what I have is handed down from my aunt. Otherwise things were just picked up when they were on sale. 

Several shirts, some button up shirts, some shorts, some skirts and some jeans and pants. 

• I have the following:

5 pairs of full-panel jeans, 2 pairs of leggings (but I'll likely add 1-2 more pairs)

3 pairs of capris (one pair is below the belly) 

5 long tank tops (3 with "bras"), several fitted tees, a few long-sleeved tops

4 pairs of dress pants, several dressy blouses, a few tunics

4 pairs of shorts for 3rd tri, 3 swimsuits (two are 2-piece), over a dozen pairs of maternity bikini briefs

3 maxi sundresses, 4 "dressy" dresses, and 4 above-the-knee dresses (only 2 are maternity)

Most of these I've had from my previous pregnancies, and the clothes have held up so well!  I added more long-sleeved tops this time though.  If you find a good deal on something, I would go ahead and get it LOL.  HTH!

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• imagemeaknigh:
    Depending on your size and how you grow, you probably won't NEED maternity clothes until the last few of months (ie - summer clothes). With my last, I was able to make most of my own wardrobe work for about the first 6 months (improvising with leggings, the bella band, etc). So in my opinion, don't stock up on sweaters or anything like that. Keep an eye out for short sleeves, dresses, anything light. Don't waste the money unless you absolutely have to, is my 2 cents.

I didn't get into mat clothes until 3rd tri with DS, even then I only wore the maternity pants because I had a UTI (and didn't know it) that made my belly sensitive.

• I was a size 0-2 pre-pregnancy, and my pants started fitting tight and uncomfortable around 8 weeks.  I tried going up a couple of sizes in pants before switching to maternity pants but nothing fit right. 

So far I have 1 pair of full-panel jeans, 2 pairs of full-panel dress pants, 2 pairs of full-panel leggings, and a ton of non-maternity stretchy dresses.  For any new shirts I just make sure I'll have enough 'growing' room or go up a size.  I don't want to invest a huge amount of money in maternity clothes so I've gotten what I consider to be essentials.

BabyName Ticker
  • My SIL gave me her maternity clothes, which contained 4 bins and 3-4 bags full of clothes from all different seasons and trimesters! I basically have everything I already need but I still buy maternity clothes when they are are sale and I've bought quite a few tank tops for summer from a second hand maternity store. I have about 8 or 9 maxi dresses from last summer that I hope will work for me this next summer too.
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I have nothing at the moment because my clothes still fit really well. I know this will change soon so I have been looking around.

With my DS I tended to lean towards things that would grow with me because your belly changes so much so fast and I didn't want to buy a ton of clothes every other month. Leggings are always good, and extra long shirts. The longer the better because the problem I would have would  be with shirts getting too short as my belly grew.

~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • I don't have anything yet.  I know I am in denial, but it feels like I won't get any bigger.  Don't get me wrong, I WANT to.  I just still don't look pregnant.  Makes me kinda sad :(.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker image
  • I dont have anything either...i feel, just kind of chunky right now, not really here nor there...I know i will wake up one day and nothing is gonna fit!! And i will be scrambling!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"