North Carolina Babies

Dropping nap at 2 yr old?

Claire has been doing great with our new nanny but the last two days she's thrown all out tantrums when our nanny tries to put her shoes or coat on, or put her in the carseat to take her to drop Natalie off at school in the morning.  She wants me to do it (I work from home) and throws a fit when I tell her Allison will do it.  She didn't do this with Allison last week.  We also though made the switch of having Claire now sleep in Natalie's room and they're still taking forever to fall asleep at night -- playing, getting out of bed, etc.  So they don't fall asleep till 9:30 p.m. sometimes later. 

Do you think her tantrums could be because she's tired?  Do you think she should be dropping her nap already so she falls asleep quickly at night?  Natalie dropped her nap at 2.5 but 2 years old seems so early to me.  Any other suggestions on how to get her to stop fighting Allison in the morning with me working from home?  TIA

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Dropping nap at 2 yr old?

• I bet part of it is that she's tired. That always makes Liam a total whiny brat. Plus, terrible 2s, being on her 2nd new nanny, moving into Natalie's room...she's had a lot of change, and she's probably taking it out on Allison. I doubt she's ready to drop her nap yet, and I certainly wouldn't try it in the middle of so much else going on. Hopefully a little time will get her settled into the new routine! GL!
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's what I'm thinking too.  That it's probably mostly due to her getting less sleep at night because her and Natalie are screwing around in bed.  Last night she didn't fall asleep until 9:40 which is pretty late for her.  hence, my reference to wanting but not getting a bottle of wine on twitter yesterday :P
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah when Liam doesn't get enough sleep, he gets positively evil, so I bet that's your culprit! Hope they start falling asleep earlier soon!
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah i'm sure her being tired is making it harder to nap cuz when they are overtired they have a harder time going to sleep. Is Natalie in the room with her when they nap? If so since i know Natalie doesn't nap anymore maybe Natalie can have quiet time in a guest room or the baby's room for now. Can you try and get them down any sooner at night so that its not so late when they finish goofing off...i'm pretty sure thats not an option for you since E works later and then does the cooking. Good luck and hopefully it all settles in soon esp. before DS gets here!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageakspriss:
    Yeah i'm sure her being tired is making it harder to nap cuz when they are overtired they have a harder time going to sleep. Is Natalie in the room with her when they nap? If so since i know Natalie doesn't nap anymore maybe Natalie can have quiet time in a guest room or the baby's room for now. Can you try and get them down any sooner at night so that its not so late when they finish goofing off...i'm pretty sure thats not an option for you since E works later and then does the cooking. Good luck and hopefully it all settles in soon esp. before DS gets here!

It's not a nap issue.  Natalie does quiet time in what is now the baby's nursery while Claire sleeps in their shared room.  She falls right asleep at nap and occassionally asks to go to bed.  Hopefully the excitement and fun of sharing the room at bedtime will wear off soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"