October 2011 Moms
Options

Survived the 4m vaccines

I just dread getting vaccines because it's so sad to see your baby in pain :(  our 2m shots were somewhat traumatic for me, the nurse was rough and his poor little legs bled all over.  This time I asked them to use a smaller needle and a smaller gauge and thankfully we got a nicer nurse so he hopefully won't be so sore.  I gave him tylenol and nursed him right after so he's sleeping peacefully now :) probably more traumatic for me than him. 

He is in the 75% for his weight (16lb) and 50% for his length (25") I can't believe that he's already 4 months!

I hope you all do good with your vaccinces too :)

?DD 9/17/10 22wks I carry you in my heart.?
bfp#2 2/14/11? cerclage placed at 13 weeks
?DS 9/29/11 36 wks 3 days 8lb 20 1/4" ?
bfp#3 12/15/12 CP 12/27/12
bfp#4 2/25/13
beta#1 51 beta#2 163 beta#3 1,370

Re: Survived the 4m vaccines

• Options

We had ours yesterday.  Glad yours went well.

Our 2 month vaccines were perfect; DD barely even noticed, the nurse was so quick about it.

Yesterday was not as good.  DD is much more aware of her surroundings now, and seemingly she's more aware of pain, too.  She definitely flinched as each needle went in, and she was crying even before they started because she was hungry.  Until yesterday, I honestly didn't understand the parents who said they cried along with their children as they were vaccinated, but yesterday, I sobbed right along with her.  The nurse was really good (not as good as the last one, but very good) and cooed and soothed DD between shots as much as she could, and DD did calm down for a few seconds here and there.  Overall, though, it was heart-wrenching, and I think DH is never going to let me forget that I cried while DD got her shots. Embarrassed

DD napped pretty much all day yesterday; she even missed a feeding at DC, which had never happened before.  She ate an extra time last night to make up for it though.  Today she was back to her cheerful self.

My BFP Chart

Becoming a better role model for my daughter, one day at a time

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    That's good.  I'm worried about the next round b/c the 2 month ones made DS miserable for the rest of the day.  Sad

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad that you all survived...Ugh..ours is next week.  FOUR freakin' shots!  Really not looking forward to it.  Last time C just slept and slept.  I don't remember if I woke him for feedings, but I wonder if I should this time?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Glad to hear yours weren't too bad.  Lily was supposed to have hers this morning but the NP got sick and they called to reschedule (as we were about to leave, after DH turned down a couple supply teaching jobs 'cause we couldn't work the logistics with one car - grrr!).  So now she's getting them tomorrow instead and with a different NP than last time (who was wonderful).  She freaked out at her 2 month shots, and was fussy and sleepy for a couple days afterwards.  She's been super grumpy (for her, which means she's still trying to giggle and smile while screaming) the last couple of days; I think she's teething.  Not sure what the shots are going to do to her grumpiness, but I can't imagine it will be good!

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options
    We spread shots out, so we go twice as often for him to get poked.  Still, I'm not looking forward to 4 mos ones!
  • Options
    We had ours last week. It's my 2nd kid and shots still upset me! Wait until they are older... 12m shots were by far our worst so far! I'm dreading my DD's 18m shots on 2/13. Shots are no fun for us or them. Sad
  • Options
    We go tomorrow AM for ours. E did great with the 2 mo shots and I am hoping these go as smoothly.  Our doctors office has each nurse takes one thigh and they give the shots at the same time to minimize the shock of it.

• Options

imagespedi:
    We spread shots out, so we go twice as often for him to get poked.  Still, I'm not looking forward to 4 mos ones!

so do we, no more than 2 shots at one time.  we go tomorrow, i can't wait to see his stats!

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"