Babies: 0 - 3 Months

sore nipples

Does anyone have any other suggestions for sore nipples other then the lanolin cream? desperatly need some help

Re: sore nipples

• Air dry.  Walk around the house with your nipples exposed. Try a saline rinse after feeding (boil water and some salt, put in fridge, use shot glass to get a little and swish your nipple around after a feeding).  My LC also had me use a mix of hydrocortisone cream, lotrimin, and polysporin after every other feeding, alternating with lanolin the other times.  My nipples were really cracked and sore, though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • imagetalitha712:
    My LC also had me use a mix of hydrocortisone cream, lotrimin, and polysporin after every other feeding, alternating with lanolin the other times. .

This. It helped a lot in 2 days, my cracked and bleeding nipples were almost back to normal. Although instead of lanolin, I used Lanisoh Soothies Gel Pads and they were amazing!

GL - Hope something helps ... it's definitely not fun :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I second the lanolin and the soothies gel pads. Not entirely better, but bearable. Also, leaving some milk on them to dry before recovering helps wonders!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNiki1665:
    I second the lanolin and the soothies gel pads. Not entirely better, but bearable. Also, leaving some milk on them to dry before recovering helps wonders!

This!

• earth mama angel baby nipple butter & gel soothies (chilled)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I ended up getting a prescription for something called "Magic Nipple Ointment." It was amazing and really helped my cut,bleeding,cracked nipples. I just called my OB and they got me the prescription. I don't know if it's something universal or just available where I am though...
  • Avent breast shells. If around the house I wear these and my clothes don't rub up against my nipples - plus lets air get to them. Plus they'll catch any milk one nipple might leak while feeding/pumping with the other.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Soothies are great - especially chilled in the fridge.  Call your OB and ask about triple nipple cream - might be the same as the magic ointment pp said.
  • Coconut oil and breast milk. The lanolin cream isn't healing them, just works as a Chapstick does for your lips.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"