Attachment Parenting

were you still cosleeping and nursing while pregnant?

what did/will you do with baby #1 when you go to the hospital?  I will probably have another csection so will be gone for 3 days. 

Re: were you still cosleeping and nursing while pregnant?

• I am breastfeeding and bedsharing with DD.  She is 2 1/2 now and will be almost three when the baby is born.  She is slowly nursing less and less, since my supply is almost gone and she is getting more comfortable sleeping in her crib (which is sidecarred to the bed) instead of snuggled and cuddled against/on top of me.  She is getting her own bed in a week or so, and is VERY excited about that...We will see if she actually sleeps in it.

When I go to the hospital, she will stay with my mom, who lives very close.  DD often falls asleep there, and one day, we will just let her sleep all night there and see how she does...DD doesn't HAVE to BF to fall asleep with my mom and sometimes sleeps through the night...She is also showing interest/excitement about staying overnight at grandma's, like her big cousins do...

• I was, but DH and I worked on getting A attached to him instead of me.

My milk dried up around 18 weeks so she stopped nursing long before the new one arrived. 

For the cosleeping I started sleeping in A's room with her on a double bed starting a few months into the pregnancy, and then just before 3ed tri DH and I switched. He started sleeping with A and I moved back into our room.

I stayed 1 night in the hospital and it wasn't a big deal because we made our changes long before the new baby came.

Children should be seen, and heard, and believed. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was up until LO was around 20 months, and I was about 6 months pregnant.

LO weaned herself. She was nursing once in the night which I encouraged her to wean by offering her water. Three nights later she was sleeping through the night.

Then she decided she didn't want her morning BF anymore. Not sure if it was the taste of my milk, or if she wasn't getting much milk anyway.

Then we transitioned her to her own bed. She was already in a big girl bed, but would come and get into our bed when she wanted in the middle of the night.

It took us about three nights of walking her back to her bed. DH slept with her in her bed the first night.

So some of it was lead by her, and some of it was lead by us. It was important to me that LO didn't feel usurped by the baby, so we made a big fuss of her getting a new room, when she moved out of the nursery.

We've talked quite a bit about BF and looked at pictures of babies nursing. LO sometimes has a little suck on my nipples, or gives them a little kiss (when we have a bath together), but it's really just her playing and making connections between books we've looked at and the read world.

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Still cosleeping and nursing DS at age two.  I am still trying to figure out what we will do with DS when we have the little one.  I would like to have him involved, but know that isn't really possible with some hospitals.  Planning to move to a different state as well.  Luckily it is one that has more birth center type settings and might be able to involve him there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The hospital we delievered at had no rules against DS1 staying with us. I ended up delivering within an hour of getting there, and DS ended up staying in L/D with us the whole time. DH didn't have time to take him out when the ILs got there, since I was already pushing. He was also able to stay the night with us, which was nice since he hasn't ever spent the night with anyone else. We would've done some practice runs of spending the night at the grandparents if our hospital didn't let him stay.

Nighttime tandem nursing was really hard on me, especially the first few nights. We ended up having DH spend the night w/ DS1 in his bed to nightwean him! The first night was rough, but after that he did great.. much better than I expected b/c he had been nursing 4+ times/night! He still occasionally wakes up and fusses for me, but DH can get him back to sleep. The mamas that can tandem night nurse are superheroes in my eyes!!

• DS weaned when I was around 8 weeks pregnant, but we still bed share. When I deliver LO2, DH is either going to go home or my mom will bed share with DS for the first night. She doesn't mind snuggling with her grandson. :) It will just depend on the type of delivery - I'd like to try for VBAC. It will also depend on the time of day LO2 is born.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I continued cosleeping through pregnancy and after. DS stayed at my mom's for 2 nights, then stayed with DH for my last night at the hospital. It worked out fine.
  • I nursed ds1 until he was two and I was 6 mos preggo with ds2. We coslept still but I night weaned him before we got Preggo again so He nursed to sleep and not again until morning. We started moving him to his own room when I was abput 4 mos along and if he woke up drying dh would go comfort him. I didn't want to cosleep with a two year old and a newborn. It work out good. Dh slept with ds1 a lot at first but thats why we choose a full bed for him. He stayed with my dad when I was in hospital. I had hellp syndrome so I was in there for 5 days and my mom stayed with me and ds2 who was in nicu. He did fine. I had him spend the nigt with my parents twice before he was born so it wouldn't be a shock to him being away from me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"