Breastfeeding

Did you have PP period and then it went away again?

My period returned right at 6 months.  I had it like clock work at 6, 7 and 8 months and now I'm almost a week "late."  I took a test yesterday and I'm not PG and we always use protection so that would be a very small chance anyway.

Just wondering if anyone else had wacky cycles while BFing.  For what it's worth DD gets breastmilk and only one solids meal per day. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Did you have PP period and then it went away again?

• I did!  I had my PP at 6 weeks!  Started BC cause dr. recommended it and I was all over the place after that.  Stopped BC at 5 mo PP and it took another 5 months to get it again.  Had two normal ones and now I am at day 40 and still no AF....took a test yesterday and it was negative.  I was BF 4-5 times a day until 2 months ago and now just 1-2 times a day.  I think my hormones are still just all screwed up!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ha! I was just wondering the same thing...I had AF about 6-7 weeks after DS was born and haven't had it again yet. I've been waiting...is it the BFing?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I had one at 6 weeks PP and then it didn't come back until 6 months (which was still sooner than I would have liked)!  I think BFing can throw things off for a long time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the responses!  I was surprised to get it at 6 months when we were still EBFing and we haven't added much in the way of solids. Just seemed weird that it was like clockwork for 3 months and then nothing.  It would be great if it didn't come back until we weaned!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"